Prochem heat ???

Able 1

Name
Keith
Prochem Peak: ATM I'm running 260 or whatever the thing tops out at but at the wand it takes me everything just to hit 170(with the lie detector). Is there anything I should check with my water box? I could hit 180 with an open QC but that really dosen't make sense to me. I know Crowley said he started with an empty water box to gain more heat, but??? Are the claims about what guys run as far as temp. just some kind of dream, or is there a way for me to get more heat that I'm over looking?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
that is why is it is called a lie detector. yes there are ways you can bring up the heat. just depends how much you want to spend. what rpm are you running it at? and have you descaled your HX?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I only run soft water, I descaled once and really didn't notice anything. I run at about 2900 rpms.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Question for someone. If we are to believe the lie detector(I'm not saying I do or don't) does that mean he is not really making 260 atm? Is it normal to loose 70-80 degrees through the solution lines?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shane T said:
Question for someone. If we are to believe the lie detector(I'm not saying I do or don't) does that mean he is not really making 260 atm? Is it normal to loose 70-80 degrees through the solution lines?

There's a lot variables, Shane.
how long the sol line, what type sol line , and how much is laying on the ground in the cold will all effect temps ATW.
Longer or shorter trigger time will too
as well as what jet size.
In general, you'll get more heat ATW with longer trigger time and more flow
(contingent that the heat system can keep up adequately with increased flow rate)

I don't know where PC puts they're temp probe either.
Location of temp probe can make a difference in the temp ATM as well.

"in general" It's not uncommon to lose 40 degrees from machine to wand w/100ft run..
And more in cold weather.

the real shocker is what temp actually hits the "fiber".
Years ago i did some temps ATF.

I'm going by memory of 6-7 years ago or more, but it went something like this.

125ft of Parker, appx 30ft stretched across a cold parking lot to the entrance door, appx 20 outside temps.
280 ATM, with 04 flow 2 jet wand could only get 115 to 118 ATF.
Identical 06 jetted wand got up to 140 ATF.

summer time test with stock Ti (06 flow) 75ft of Parker, 272 ATM got 180 to the fiber

..L.T.A.

Greenie

I think your lie detector is telling the truth, and your machine gauge is lieing.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Kieth, Have you try your lie detector right at the QC on the unit? Would be interesting to know what it is before the solution line.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'll try that tomorrow, I'm sure they put the temp gauge somewhere that makes the TM seem like it's a fire breather. So is there anything that could be going on with my water box that would effect the temp.? sometimes when I shut it down the water is boiling in the box.

Greenie

Yes, the thermals in the box might be faulty, they are there to protect the pump in the event the box gets too hot, I think they are supposed to open at 160 deg. so if your box is "boiling" then obviously something isn't opening and bypassing that hot water safely to the waste tank.

You might need to consult a prochem god, this is slightly outside of my denomination.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom