ProChem Legend Heat Exchanger

L

Lumber Jack

Hey Guys,
I was working today and came out to the van and I noticed a little water coming from the exhause side of my TM. This is not the normal first warm up condensation coming out of the pipe as I was running it for a couple hours. I fear that my HX is starting to leak never fails start to get ahead and whammo a nother Bill.
Do any of you know besides a factory replacement is there anybody that makes after market HX for a Pro Chem Legend I can get by for a while as it seems to be minor I give it a few days maybe a couple weeks at most any help would be awesome.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You could find a fabricating shop to crack it open and repair it, for 1/4 of the price of a new one.

L

Lumber Jack

I think I can take it out and pull it apart no problem, If I go with a after market one I was hoping to get one that would produce even better heat, I dont know if this is possible or not I would think it would just have more coils inside? I dont know if it can make the water any hotter as the Legend has temp sensors to dump at I think 230-240 but to have one that would keep those temps longer would be really awesome.
I did raise the rpms on my machine a while back I'm wondering if that had someting to do with it,the extra vibration of the exhaust? I wouldn't think that would cause a problem but you never know.
I tried the company out of the ICS mag Johns Custom Machine but his web site is not coming up on my computer.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Which one is it the front or back? They are $239 and $249. It will cost you more then that in time trying to find a used one. You could always call Allen equipment in Arizona. They have more used parts for machines then ANYONE they are the LKQ of the truckmount world.

L

Lumber Jack

Thanks John,
Its acually the Exhaust HX. I looked it up in my manual and its telling me that it is a cat converter too thats why it has the air pump to help burn the unused exhuast gas. I will try all the people you guys listed to see if I can get some numbers.
I didn't think about this yesturday but it was very humid here yesturday in fact it rained in some areas so hopefuly it was just very heavy moist air but I doubt it. See what happens today if I have water coming out of it today then prob need to replace soon, the thing that is confusing me is I cranked up the pressure and it had no effect on the amount that was coming out when I turned the pump off the same amount so I'm hoping it was just the moist air.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok here is a test I want you to run. Stand in front of the machine. Turn it on. Tell me how wet the front of your pants are......

steve g

Name
steve garrett
DO NOT TAKE IT APART JUST YET!!!! under certain conditions I have had a ton of water come out of my legend HX I have ran several prochem machines and this is common under the right conditions just as its common to see water coming out the exhaust of a car, again under certain conditions. I would wager there is not a problem with your HX. the other thing is these are catalytic heat exchangers, its basically a catalytic converter that burns up extra fuel and other stuff, the older prochems normally run very very clean if everything else is right, the other thing is there is no other heat exhancher design that can touch them for heat output, so having someone make another HX will make the machine not run near as good, plus its ghetto. the prochem HX is one thing I worry about being able to get in the future, because it is a proprietary part.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I was serious about my test. If the HX is gone you will be soak. If not no worries it is just condensation..

L

Lumber Jack

Ok I think it is ok. Today was dry conditions it just must have been the weather outside when I saw the water coming out I assumed the worst as that is how things seem to go for me I ran today and the normal first startup condensation and after a few minutes it was dry. I just didn't think about all the humidity in the air from the storm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom