Prochem Perfomer 405.

Ryan

Good machines? A friend of mine is looking at one, he called me about it and I didn't know what to tell him.

Any one use them? Good machines? Blower size?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
everest is the 405s cousin.....

1200 less parts then a 405...

whats that tell ya....

its a nissan motor with basiclly a 45 blower

and ALOT of parts

Name
Lee Stockwell
Great machine. Legendary 4cyl Nissan A15 motor, 4L (47) blower, Cat 340ht blower. Overengineered a bit, but easy to simplify.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think they are a good machine, it helps a bunch to know how they work and be able to work on them because they can have some quirks from time to time. They are a large machine, you can't mount a water tank under them. don't install it in any less than a 1 ton extended van. a box truck would be preferable. I know we have a lot of "big truck/machine" ego types on here. but if you just want a single wand machine the 405 is ALL the machine a single wand guy can ever need. its got the power to run 230+ with the wand wide open all the time. vacuum is plenty, again single wand. IMO its not a dual wand machine. they came with nissan motors which will run forever. about the only thing bad about them is the engine governors suck, but there are ways of dealing with this such as running the machine on high setting.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
I would purchase a 405 ANYDAY before I purchase an Everest.

I know the Everest has more heat, pressure and vacuum, but the sheer longevity that the 405 has is something that can't be overlooked. I have got numerous clients here in Australia that have anywhere from 12,000 - 16,000 hours on their 405's and they still show no sign of dying.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea but jim, the everest hasnt been out as long...so how can you compare that???

aside from a few quirky things..i like my everest

Name
I'm Rick James
Its all depends how well it was taken care off. If it was owned by someone that didnt take care of it, then it might be good to pass on. I see machines on CL all the time and most are junk because the owner doesnt even clean it to sale it.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Run it for 1 hour and check for leaks and proper operation of all functions.

Lee Stockwell said:
Great machine. Legendary 4cyl Nissan A15 motor, 4L (47) blower, Cat 340ht blower. Overengineered a bit, but easy to simplify.

Care to elaborate on the easy to simplify? Simple is good. My sweet 1994 2000 hr restored 405 is ready to install next week in a Chevy extended 3500 with Butler 210 gal waste and 100 gal frash tanks.

This was my first test run:

q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16VJx0kBeawq]

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i think i like where the hoses go for the exchanger area...running across the top is a royal PITA .....

I took apart my 3 way valve, cuz when i turn it to the hot area, the pressure goes bye bye....valve is fine, but now i see which side shuts off so i can trace it some more...

so LEE where can i track down a radiator??

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
floorguy said:
yea but jim, the everest hasnt been out as long...so how can you compare that???

Hey Doug,

Glad you like your Everest. Sorry, I wasn't trying to rag on your machine.

I know the Everest hasn't been out anywhere near as long as the 405, but it is still an easy comparison. I know the lack of failures we had to repair on 405's say at approx 2000 hours back in the day, and I also know the amount of repairs we had to do on Everest's units at approx the same hours.

But as Brent correctly said, the more important thing no matter the brand or model - is how well the units previous owner has maintained it.

Ryan

Thanks of all the info guys! I'll pass it on.

Its being sold by an interlink supply that has gone all through it and checked everything (they claim) the only problem is that although it runs great there is no hour meter on it. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom