Prochem Performer 805

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Does anybody know anything about this machine? Why did Prochem only make them for a little while. I here they overheat with single wand. Do they have a #6 blower? Any info would be great

Thanks

Greenie

I just want to know where they got the 805 number from?

Jim Eckmman (JImbo) runs one, to my knowledge it's just a 47 class blower (4lp) and a nissan engine.

Jimbo

Actually, the 805 was pc's version of a monster machine...supposed to run 3 wands...I think Mr Chavez has one for sale on the swap MEAT page...It must have a much bigger blower...and a larger Nissan engine.- Jim

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Adam
Yea, they did get too hot if you ran it on high and were only using a single wand.

We had to train those dummy's, Ops I mean technicians, if you have one wand pull the throttle out 1/3 of the way, 2-wands half the way and 3-wands....all the way.

Prochem sent out their top trouble shooter after repeated difficulty to install an upgrade, at their expense.

It's been fine ever since.

Greenie I assumed the 805 meant 805 CFM ?

Their literature said "5 LP Sutorbuilt blower which is rated at 805 CFM’s "
But you know far more about blowers than I do, if it doesn't produce the 805 cfm, then Prochem was over stating facts.

She does have the most suction I've ever seen.

You can hook 3 sets of hoses up, drop them all on the ground uncovered, pick anyone of them up and it feels like you are the only one attached.

Awesome power, but it's too big, it takes up a whole box truck. We didn't have a room for drying equipment.

We started using it for carpet cleaning but we were taking a second box truck just for the extra hoses. Eventually the guys just took three trucks, so we bought a Butler in a Box to replace the 805.

The Butler doesn't have the power the 805 does, but for WDR we didn't need 805 power just the space to carry drying equipment.

This unit is really designed for a commercial carpet cleaner, who cleans with long hose runs.

We used it on a 80,000 ft job where we ran (3)-400 ft setups off of it, it did great.

It as a 235 gallon waste tank but it also comes with high volume pumpout for big jobs. It also has a big fresh water tank.

It's here on the floor if you want to run it. Probably not the best choice for a residential carpet cleaner or a WDR company for that matter.

We plan to put it on ebay, if it doesn't sell we will probably buy a used box truck and outfit it with 3-vac hose reels and just keep it for big jobs. :)

Greenie

I'm actually not that familiar with that unit, I was thinking Jimbo had one in his mountain van. Is it possible they built more than one option in that 805 designation?

So Jimbo, what have you got in the 4x4?

You can't argue with results, 400' x 3 cleaners is pretty respectable.

Reminds me of Power Clean's Patriot, that thing was a monster, move over SteamAction.

Jimbo

Hey Greenie! My PC is an 800A...old school PC with a #4 blower and a nissan engine...it's been a really trusty unit...pimped out a tad...electric cooling fan with programable control for the setpoint...Kunkle Valve for the last 4 years of operation...all oils changed every 100 hours...with synthetic. The old girl has brought me a fair amount of money over the years...I attribute it to the anal maintenance given!

I'd like to finish my career with one more tm...just have not decided which unit yet...the pc apex diesel might serve me well in my newish 06 Chevy Duramax Diesel van...I sold the 4x4 unit to a couple of snowboarders!

I'm planning on going snowboarding myself on wintry weather days...so no 4x4 van for now...maybe I'll get this new one converted sometime.

I might like an 805 PC, Mr Chavez...take a crew of chimps out on each job! Want to trade for a wdr package? 30 Fans...1 Munters 300 CFM dessicant; one trailer mounted Munters Dew 600...with about 2 hours on the clock, it sold for about $14,500 new...a Drieaz 200 refrigerant? Just curious...Jim

Greenie

Thanks for the clarity Jim.

Who said you can't learn anything on Mikey's board.

ps: I hear some industry big shots are scoffing at all the participation this board receives....you aren't anybody until someone scoffs about you...lol

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I demo'd an 805 about 3 years ago. The machine was massive, wouldnt even fit in a regular van. And, it really sucked

T

The Magician

Greenie, the 805 had the big 62 hp Nissan Motor with a 59 blower with 805 cfm. Very big, need a box truck and expensive. Much like the Ace 860 big Niisian and 59 Blower. Lots of overheating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom