Prochem Performer Plus Ball Valve O rings

carpetjim

I have a Prochem Performer Plus and the discharge ball valve for waste tank leaks. I took it apart and it appears o rings are wasted. I have tried going to napa to match and came close, but to thick. Where can I get these o rings? and what exactly would I call them for the ball valve? I would like to replace full ball valve but it does not look like it comes out, or unscrews. Anybody have any ideas for me? It also looks like they were siliconed in which seems weird?

carpetjim

Hi, yes, thanks for reply.

E551E4A5-FE25-44D1-8126-8948DDE16828.jpeg 09D5745D-1EE5-4DC5-9421-482350BCD877.jpeg 441C0BCC-4868-4310-9E1A-866733AAA68F.jpeg

carpetjim

If there was its faded and there is nothing to read. Taiwan is the only thing it says in small writing. It sure seems like this should unscrew, and would be so stupid if it did not, but I just cannot tell and have tried to unloose with no luck, and don't want to break it. I know someone knows if this comes off.

carpetjim

unscrew those hex bolts and see what happens...
I did and those just loosen the pipe that goes straight to waste tank. I want to try to avoid taking it apart from waste tank, very little room to work in, and it really should be easy to replace valve( which is seems like it’s not), or be able to replace o rings.

carpetjim

what is sealing the pipe to the tank?
Metal pipe goes straight to tank with hose clamp, of course I could loosen clamp, take hex bolts off and pull whole unit out. I have google imaged my machine and 90 percent have different ball valve, and you can see hex screws that hold plate to frame. I see a few pictures with my yellow handle which leads me to believe it’s original from manufacturer.
I just need to talk with someone who really knows this machine or has one.
Thanks for engaging me.

carpetjim

I think it'd be easier to put in a section of threaded pipe and just get a standard gate valve
So I am getting from you, you think ball valve is fixed to pipe? And ball valve does not unscrew?
I get what you are saying about putting new pipe with threads in. But it comes back to finding o rings which is real culprit.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'll bet the valve is threaded onto the discharge pipe, you just can't see the threads. As far as O-rings go measure the circumference and thickness of the old one. Any hardware store should have one. In the mean time fill the groove with some RTV black and reuse the old one. It looks to me like the white valve seat is cracked as well. Might as well replace the whole valve. It looks to me like a Banjo brand valve. I have purchased them from our local Farm & Fleet store.

Reactions: Mikey P

carpetjim

I'll bet the valve is threaded onto the discharge pipe, you just can't see the threads. As far as O-rings go measure the circumference and thickness of the old one. Any hardware store should have one. In the mean time fill the groove with some RTV black and reuse the old one. It looks to me like the white valve seat is cracked as well. Might as well replace the whole valve. It looks to me like a Banjo brand valve. I have purchased them from our local Farm & Fleet store.
You are absolutely correct, all that work replacing o rings, and after a little elbow grease, ball valve unscrewed, DUH on me.
New valve and all solved.
Thanks for advice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom