Prochem Uph. Tool with glide - Part Deux

Walt

When I first got this, I didn't understand why anyone would like it. Mostly because there was tons of over spray, - messy, and slow (because I had to clean up the over spray).

Well, I've gone to the dark side. Seriously, once you get the hang of it this tool kicks some serious butt. Very efficient and gives an awesome rinse of the fiber. I see using it on 99% of all jobs now. The trick to the mess, was turning the pressure down at the machine and fine tuning it at the head of the tool - wish some one had clued me in.

I'm thinking The drimaster tool will be collecting some dust.

Anybody running a larger jet size on it?

Chris A

Name
Chris
If you're talking to me Steven, I run a CDS, so no speed adjustment. I always liked the prochem, but for some reason since I got the drimaster (used old-style that came with my machine) I've been using it exclusively.

Chris A

Name
Chris
that certainly helps, but I think it does a better job overall.

Walt

c_adkins said:
that certainly helps, but I think it does a better job overall.

I was using the older style (but new) drimaster. It works well, but I don't think it flushes the fiber nearly as well. Did yours have a glide on it. Before the glide I would put the PC tool near the bottom of the list for upholstery tools.

Walt

Your right. A watched a guru in this industry clean a very soiled cotton couch and I couldn't believe the amount of water he was using on it. The results were spectacular. I had been cleaning a matching piece at the same time and mine didn't look nearly as good. I came back the following day - his pieces looked much better dry. Mine didn't look bad but they didn't match - so I had to redo it. Before that I would have told the customer that it was as clean as it could get. Now, I know better.

Walt said:
Your right. A watched a guru in this industry clean a very soiled cotton couch and I couldn't believe the amount of water he was using on it. The results were spectacular. I had been cleaning a matching piece at the same time and mine didn't look nearly as good. I came back the following day - his pieces looked much better dry. Mine didn't look bad but they didn't match - so I had to redo it. Before that I would have told the customer that it was as clean as it could get. Now, I know better.

Heacock?

R

R W

Love that PC upholstery tool. I now have 2. One is 13 years old, and still cleaning. The other is brand new.....doesn't seem like any changes at all. I just cleaned 350 student chairs with the 2 in a dual hookup.

I don't have a glide for them, yet. They're still easy to pull, and you can "hose down" soiled furniture with them. Great tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom