Procyon extreme?

Name
Andy McFadden
For some reason I was looking over the procyon website, (haven't used the stuff in a long time) I noticed a product called extreme, they claim it handles "those difficult to clean carpets with polyester fibers,"

and I wonder if any one uses the stuff? Is it really extreme? One of the things I didn't like about the regular procyon is it seemed to struggle with those plastic PET carpets or greasy polyesters,

Also found out they have a tile n grout / stone, marble cleaner, would be curious to hear any comments on this product as well.

Thank you!

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
They will send you samples or if you want call me Tuesday I think I might have some samples left or order a gallon and ill give ya 25% off to try it.

Reactions: Steamin McFadden
Name
Andy McFadden

John, the guy at procyon sent me samples today, If I can't find a local supply , I will place my future orders with you . they are checking to see if any of their distributors are near me. Thank you John.

tngvegas

Would Procyon be a good rinse for Cobb's powermax prespray....especially for very dirty jobs?

Name
Andy McFadden
I used my sample of procyon extreme today, some kind of plastic (polly, or olefin) frezzie, shag style. you know the kind were the traffic lanes mat and wont fluff at all with the carpet rake. You vac and no vac lines in the carpet, you all know the stuff.

Greased up entry way from kitchen to living room , melted like butter, came out great, (I had a 2 gallon pump up mixed with extreme clean as back up just in case) , did not have to use it or any spotters , the procyon extreme melted everything all spots gone.

I don't know how this stuff compares to the regular , but I'm darn impressed. The interesting thing is the PH is only 7, I thought it was a high ph (says 12) but RTU it's 7, which is lower then the regular stuff. Odd that it would be the "extreme" version when it's less ph . worked so well, it's also wool certified.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Back in the 80's, I saw an ad for a free sample of Procyon and sent off for one. I got it in and it was absolutely the best stuff I ever used. So, I ordered a 50 pound box of it. The big box was nothing like the sample. It was good, mind you, and I continued to use it, but they had clearly made the sample up to be much more potent than their normal product. The samples texture was like small white pellets. The next order was like flour.

I assume your sample was liquid? How much does a gallon of it cost?

And what is the recommended mix ratio?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom