Procyon users

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A while back Procyon was getting a lot of attention. I have not seen it mentioned much for several months. What happned?
Who is still using Procyon?

Scott Warrington

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good cleaner...but it eats brass.

Prolon from Bridgepoint is what I use now...supposed to be the closest thing that won't screw up equipment.

Plus the shipping was regoddamndiculous.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I love the stuff. But, since the last time I bought Procyon the price jumped $80 or something for the privilege of buying through a distributor. It's still economical but it left a bad taste. It was all the excuse I needed to check out the competition. So, I'm using more and more VacAway products and giving some of the clones a try.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I still use it. But I find the liquid performs better than the powder. The Extreme is AMAZING on olefin.

The regular is AMAZING on cotton upholstery.

Maybe the dirt is different here?

I don't find it expensive. I pay $26 CAD per gallon, and use at 2oz per gallon with no rinse product. What is cheaper than that?

I use their spot program as well.

For me, the hypoallergenic market is huge.

Eating brass? I find it hard to believe you would need to replace a brass fitting from using Procyon before you would need to replace it anyway.

I use DFC-105 for wool, and am currently experimenting with Masterblend's Soapfree.

I would like to try Prolon, but I would have to special order it in, and unless I hear something else to convince me it's worth the hassle, I won't.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bill wrote,

Eating brass? I find it hard to believe you would need to replace a brass fitting from using Procyon before you would need to replace it anyway.

I change fittings way less often now. Very noticeable.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm with Odin. If Procyon is your flavor, buy STPP online. I used to use it exclusively. Add sodium percarbonate for the pissy jobs.

I never bought into the fittings thing either. The way some folks make it sound, there will be a day when your TM just disintegrates because of using Procyon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom