Professional carpet cleaning systems, reviews? Lisa Wagner?

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Proffesional carpet cleaning systems, reviews? Lisa Wagner?

WTF are you putting Lisa's name in the title for?

to attract attention?

Might as well put Heidi Klume in there instead...

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
well, If you read her last post she was saying something about not getting any questions or sumin like that.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I am completely biased on this one, because I work with so many independents, and have seen them grow... I know that a franchise is not necessary to succeed if you have the marketing and operating systems from other sources.

I also have franchisees from every major franchise in the US, in our coaching programs and at our events - so obviously some are not getting what they need from the places they began. It's tough when you are a large operation, to stay innovative and entrepreneurial - you tend to get bureaucratic and very rigid and regulated.

What's great about the franchisees who come to us is that compared to what they pay monthly to their corporate entity, Piranha seems free... and our Buyers Group gets them better pricing too on all of their products, and lots that the franchisor doesn't provide them.

If you are looking at getting into restoration - I might go the franchise route... but cleaning, you don't need it, in my opinion. Even if you get a half-ass knock-off marketing program like Howard's, I think you'd be better off than a franchise.

I guess that might qualify as a testimonial for Howard. I might be ill....

:)
Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Mikey P said:
Even if you get a half-ass knock-off marketing program like Howard's, I think you'd be better off than a franchise.

there goes your free pass to the Wax Museum...

Even his banner ads make greasy smudges on my computer screen...

Oh well... what can you do?

Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
So much for me worrying about only keeping Mikey politically correct....... :D

My father had a Servicemaster franchise in the 60's and early 70's. There was nothing to help on location carpet cleaners at that time. If you weren't an in plant rug cleaner, you were scum, which is exactly what the biggest rug cleaner in Pittsburgh called my father.

That franchise taught him the technical and marketing things he needed to succeed. We didn't have distributors, the IICRC, the BB's, and mentors/consultants (nod to Ms Wagner) back in those days.

After my father left Servicemaster, he essentially got involved in education, distribution, and the early days of the then IICUC for just that reason: He didn't want to see others have to buy a franchise to succeed.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
You know... a final note on this.

Fritz is a good guy - he does own PCS, which I realize you were specifically talking about their operation, and not franchises in general (or maybe both).

We have high performing PCS operations in Piranha (our past winners from several years back are PCS) - they are very happy with the organization, but again, came to us for more strategic marketing growth. They also are in Chuck Violands program. Just as I have my own coaches and training I do professionally for ME, they are constantly looking for the best resources and capabilities to add to their company.

I've never heard them say anything negative about PCS. And I don't believe it is very expensive. And Fritz has been to a number of our Boot Camps, and does understand marketing. Jasper I believe is his new VP. Good guy also.

The other big franchises are more who I was talking about - being such large beasts that it's hard to get innovation and quick support/help in developing business growth. We have Servicemaster, Servpro, Puroclean, Zero-Res, ChemDry, Paul Davis, Sears ... cleaning and restoration companies in our ranks. I have never been one to do this "us" versus "them" thing, because I have found some of the greatest families who run and own some of these operations - and I love to work with them. And they, like the independents, just want to grow their companies to give their family a better living, and leave a legacy.

If you do not go the franchise route - or even if you do - getting a marketing program to attract the best customers is the place to start - systemize your marketing and sales. As you grow, then move to systemize your hiring and numbers, and head to SFS. (This way you have money in the bank first before you go take on a program that will require time to implement - it's hard to implement when there is nothing in the bank.)

You know I'm going to say Piranha is the best marketing program, and there are different levels and a kick-ass buyers group discount program. Good, got that out of the way.

But like I said before, even a mediocre program, implemented, will get you in a better place than doing nothing. And, that goes with a franchise also. ALWAYS seek out others "in the system" (YOU seek them out, don't have them refer you) - and do research.

If you have any questions beyond that, with answers I might not put out in public - you can PM me.

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom