promaster equipment

Ricky Thurman

Does anybody know anything about ProMaster truckmounts? There is a guy here locally using one. I got a chance to see it for the first time today. Its ancient....probably 15-20 years old. Its some type of CDS or PTO system. The thing that got me was that there was no blower noise. I didn't get to look really close, but the thing just hummed a little. The knock in the old Chevy Engine was louder than the machine. All I can find online about them is that their website apparently no longer exists. Just Curious about it. Thanks

Pat

I have a Pro-Master slide in for about 20yrs. It was made by Jeff Bishop. 20 hp air cooled
,#4blower, 100gal waste tank,.It served me well.

Name
Jesse
Our direct drives are probably among the loudest trucks when we run the idle @1650-1700. They are very quiet when idled down to 1100 or so rps. With our pro 2000 (2 45 blowers) @ 1200 rpm you can have a conversation right next to the truck. The van is louder.

Name
Lee Stockwell
ProMaster was Jeff Bishop's old company in Alabama. We once had a ProMaster Butler that was originally from them. The company went out of business after he sold it. We had the manuals for a long time just for reference.

Thanks,
Lee

Greenie

In general if you turn a blower 75% or less of it's rated capacity, it will be much quieter.
Old secret, put in a bigger blower for marketing, just spin it slow for noise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom