Propane Heaters

BB

Newbie on the block. What can you guys tell me about propane heaters. I have an old bane system that needs help?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Clean burning
Can make mega heat "depending" on what size heater and what flow rate/PSI you run at.
Simple and pretty reliable.
Reasonably safe "IF" you follow safety procedures and guide lines with out fail.

The biggest draw back for me when I ran propane was the hassle of fueling.
It was a pain in the butt to me.
Other than that, i had no complaints with propane heat and the Little Giant 4HT I had was pretty reliable and made good heat.
OOPS, I'll take that back, Now that I recall, on windy days, I often had to go out and re-light the pilot light.
I don't know if they come with electronic pilot-less ignition or not now a days, but i would surely want that option if I ever went back to propane.

PS.. I will admit, the "potential" for catastrophe was always in the back of my mind.
I personally know a cleaner that blew up his van.
Fortunately, no one was hurt, but the van was totaled

..L.T.A.

Russ Goddard

Propane heat is not difficult at all to live with and gives you good consistent heat. Fillups are a bit of a hassle because you have to wait while someone else does it, but you don't do it that often, maybe 3 times a month for me depending on how busy I am.

If you need a boost in heat on your existing equipment, it might be the easiest fix. If you are hesitant because of safety or hassle issues, get those issues out of your head. Not a big deal. Just make sure you get set up by someone who knows what they're doing, and follow common sense when it comes to safety.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
LP (propane) heat is a great source of heat for carpet cleaning, and very safe. It is very clean burning, so much so that here in several Ohio counties, where vehicles emissions testing is required, if you have a vehicle that runs on LP, you are exempt from this testing procedure when you re-license your vehicle.

We happen to produce the only patented flow fired heater with an electronic ignition, as Larry asked about in his post above, that will NOT ever blow out on windy days. The best part of the electronic ignition is all you need to do with our heater is flip a switch to turn it on. When you are finished cleaning just turn it off. No pilot to ever mess with - a great feature if you have employees.

Our patented afterburner circuit then proceeds to squeeze more heat out of every btu than other flow-fired LP heaters because it will continue to heat the water even when you release the wand trigger, until the heat setting you dialed in on the temperature dial is met, or the patented timer ends it's cycle. Then it will come back on when the heat starts to drop to prevent heat spikes.

Our heater will also run when using a low-flow tool such as an upholstery tool, something a lot of these flow fired heaters won't do.

BTW, I have been cleaning using propane for 22 years exclusively, and have never found it a hassle to fill the LP tank. There are several places in town that fill van mount tanks. Look at your LP gauge every day before you leave, or better yet, check it toward the end of the day, and get it topped of before you return for the day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom