Proper Inclined Driveway Staging

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Especially id your gonna run for long periods.

Cleaned this same house exactly 30days ago as they went to Texas to buy amother place, i was called in again for a little Market Ready touch up.

Run some extra hose and keep your Rigs as level as possible. Keeps all your pickups working properly and your engines lubed.

9amuha2y.jpg

Dont Be Lazy!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sometimes you just don't have a choice........you got to pucker up and just get it done.....

P5210250_zpsaebcd40f.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith

Cleaned this same house exactly 30days ago as they went to Texas to buy amother place, i was called in again for a little Market Ready touch up.

Run some extra hose and keep your Rigs as level as possible. Keeps all your pickups working properly and your engines lubed.

9amuha2y.jpg

Dont Be Lazy!

And my friends call me a Polock...:icon_razz: The drive must be steeper then it looks.. I would have pulled up straight and went a little into their garage to get the same angle you are running at..

Chris A

Name
Chris
I would have parked in the driveway as normal, then done it about 4000 more times so that five abd a half years later I'd be wondering wtf you guys were talking about...

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mine would not go in the drive way....I could back the Vortex up in there...it would still be at a slant...but not as much as the road.....the Chevy is 2 foot longer and that 2 foot will not let the bumper clear...and between the slant in the road and the one in the drive way........that's all I got..........

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
And my friends call me a Polock...:icon_razz: The drive must be steeper then it looks.. I would have pulled up straight and went a little into their garage to get the same angle you are running at..

Just how many times to do we have to go over this?

You are for even thinking about it!

What if..........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
im sure that many of yous hillbillys think that P stands for PARK......
let me set all ya straight....it stands for .......pall!

as in a parking pall.......inside yor transmission theres little lever....this little lever called a pall, keeps the trans from slipping out of park and into gear...on a steep incline all the weight of yor rig rest squarely on this little piece of stamped steel.....
I never did trust it....always park on a level!
i did not want to drive though a neighbors house with a roaring screaming blower goin' off......

Reactions: Dan and GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

as in a parking pall.......inside yor transmission theres little lever....this little lever called a pall, keeps the trans from slipping out of park and into gear...on a steep incline all the weight of yor rig rest squarely on this little piece of stamped steel.....
i did not want to drive though a neighbors house with a roaring screaming blower goin' off......

Accidentally crammed it into the Pall the other day backing into my drive, I felt like a ping pong ball in there!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

9amuha2y.jpg

Dont Be Lazy!

If you look at the trash can. I am standing in the garage and my feet are above it. Last time I did 5 rooms and 2 sets of steps here.......

I got nasty azz water in my blower. In the pic I can zoom in and barely see it. about a 8" tan spot on the concrete.
It is about two foot down on the left side of the pic from where there grass and concrete start, looks like a smudge on the image.

Dang I need some Lettering Bad!!!!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

We have these in all of our trucks. Those driveways would be considered flat here.

View attachment 5071

Reactions: dgardner

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
And look at Jims picture. Curbed the wheels just in case.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage

You never heard of an emergency (parking) brake?

And a good way to know if you are exceeding the incline allowed for proper lubrication of components is to mark an angeled line close to the bottom of the jug on the side (parallel to the street/driveway) of your chem jug as a reference line of so many degrees.

Of course your chem jug is going to need to be over half full for this to work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom