Proper placement of blocks

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
View attachment 2313View attachment 2314:madder:

This is a high end home. Carpet was cleaned BEFORE he moved in. Also (@Jim Martin) notice the rake pin marks...
I mean really, put the blocks UNDER the feet! Those impressions will be there for sometime, unless he hires me to
fix it...

I was there to clean the windows and saw this, enough to irritate the crap out of me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Really, how long will they keep them under there? As long as it keeps the furniture's legs off the carpet IDGAS... Snap Blocks made the best blocks ever, just can't get them any more.. The white ones they made won't crush after 3 years with heavy furniture.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Really, how long will they keep them under there? As long as it keeps the furniture's legs off the carpet IDGAS... Snap Blocks made the best blocks ever, just can't get them any more.. The white ones they made won't crush after 3 years with heavy furniture.

i don't rake carpets. ....Never have...not even to Pre-scrub in the Pre-spray... so I don't know why you put my name in lights....as far as the blocks...I agree with Keith.....

Chris A

Name
Chris
yup, x3, and the rake marks will come out after a couple vacuumings so who cares

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I preffer the raked look, Most of my Clients love the raked look over wand marks.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I preffer the raked look, Most of my Clients love the raked look over wand marks.

Do you know that, or do you think they tell you that just to make you work more? Condition your custy's and they will LOVE the wand marks! If you leave good clean wand marks it looks way better IMO.. I think what YOU prefer is just that, and a waste of time.

Chris A

Name
Chris
the way I rake looks similar to wand marks, but not quite as harsh. its 50/50 for me oif someone comments, half will say oh that looks nice and the.other half will ask why im fooking up.the carpet

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Please everyone, Don't scrub the carpet, move furniture, rake the carpet or deodorize. Its mostly a waste of time anyways. The only reason we do it is to get loyal customers that use us forever.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Blocks under corners and I only rake after Roto-Vac or if the carpet was protected. I use the Grandi groomer and it works just fine

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I prefer to leave Baby Bell cheese treats to prevent furniture stains.

The kids love it

Great idea!! Because I was using some stale rice cakes I found in the back of the cupboard for blocks and the kids wouldn't eat them either. Guess I'll have to use them for sheet shooting.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with Robert.
I try to have the blocks within (if possible) the original footprint of the furniture leg (preferably hidden). That way they do not leave an extra visible indentation mark, as those will not come out readily.
It does make a difference and the homeowners do appreciate it.

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Thanks I thought I was alone here...
I do not want my clients to stare at those indentations, and make a decision to call someone else next time...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I guess, I look at things differently. I hope they see the blocks, If they don't see them, they won't remove them. Wont the indentations from the blocks be worse if they don't remove them for months/years? You could say, well they will be hidden by the couch... Yea, but don't all of us recommend they move the furniture occasionally? IMO - The best advice we can give them is, move their stuff once in a while...

I want them to know I spent extra time/care to use blocks. Reminds them they just had a great job done for a day or so.

I never would have thought of hiding the blocks. Maybe if I know they are having people over/party, that's something I'll ask from now on. Would you like me to try and hide the blocks for your party, Mrs Smith? Just don't forget to take them out... Not bad!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Blocks ? I thought most of you were using Baby Bell Cheese as per Mike's suggestion by now. From the picture I think using a carpet rake is a much bigger problem than the blocks. Who uses a freaking rake with teeth anymore when a carpet brush gives a better looking impression? (Without leaving rake impressions.)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I agree with Robert.
I try to have the blocks within (if possible) the original footprint of the furniture leg .

poor drying condition under the block .
isn't there a concern that the 2" square will still be damp the next day when they remove them?
limited concern maybe, but one of those easy to bleed furniture stain pieces might make for a bad day

..L.T.A.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
isn't there a concern that the 2" square will still be damp the next day when they remove them?
limited concern maybe, but one of those easy to bleed furniture stain pieces might make for a bad day

..L.T.A.

Never seen it yet

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I always off set the furniture from where it normally sets...I tell them to leave blocks under them for at least 24 hours and then set the furniture back where it was....

in other words...if a couch is set up againest the wall I set it out the about the distance of the legs with the block...that way when they set it back it is 100% that it is dry....

never had a complaint....stain...or problem with a extra dent in the carpet...it will not sit there long enough to hurt anything........

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
limited concern maybe, but one of those easy to bleed furniture stain pieces might make for a bad day..L.T.A.

No difference at all. Same dry time as any carpet covered with blocks or plastic tabs.
That's why clients are advised to keep tabs and blocks under furniture till carpet is completely dry (traditionally 48 hours).

A heavy furniture sitting on a damp carpet will leave an indentation for a while. Not as bad as a heavy furniture sitting on the same spot for a very long time. Still an unappealing dent for a while though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom