Prosolve Gel/Power Gel

Farenheit251

I love this stuff. It is way too expensive but I only use it to get out stuff that 90% of cleaners would have left. I could never figure out which to use, complicated by the fact that I'm in rentals, only guessing what the stain is. I always just used prosolve gel,but a couple weeks ago I bought 3 tubes of Powergel and started putting it on top of the prosolve and rubbing in. My initial results are that I'm getting much better success.

Captain Cleantastic said:
I love this stuff. It is way too expensive but I only use it to get out stuff that 90% of cleaners would have left. I could never figure out which to use, complicated by the fact that I'm in rentals, only guessing what the stain is. I always just used prosolve gel,but a couple weeks ago I bought 3 tubes of Powergel and started putting it on top of the prosolve and rubbing in. My initial results are that I'm getting much better success.

Try Speedball. It will get out paint,candy, and any tough black spot with ease. You can also boost your prespray with it. This is a heavy duty cleaner.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Captain Cleantastic said:

yes, CTI Pros Choice make some great spotters

Have you tried Fels Naptha soap yet, Brian?
it really is an excellent spotter and down right CHEAP.
It won't replace Powersolve and Powergel, but it will take care of 70% of the things you're using the expensive gel on now

we now go thru 2/3 less gel since Terry turned us on to Fels Naptha.

..L.T.A.

Farenheit251

I have one of Duane's Accellerators so I don't spot much grease,gum/candy. I mostly use the Gel for ink,marker/hair dye. I had little success on these before the gels.

I tried the Fels twice and wasn't impressed. I use a lot of Powerburst so i don't do much spotting other than colored stains.

G

Pro Solve is a POG type spotter.
Power Gel is a PIG type spotter which works as an emulsifier. That's why your getting better results as opposed to just using Pro Solve by itself.

Problem is you gotta rinse the daylights out of it! Foams like crazy and could very easily leave residue.

BLewis said:
Hey Daniel, who makes speedball?

Butchers Chemical. I would advise against using this on a nice residential carpet, but for rental properties or apartments you can't beat it. Some cleaners add it to their prespray, but most use it as a spotter. I have used it and it WORKS.

DevilDog

Jesus, I have seen a couple of your post now talking about the expense of things. Come on dude....if you are charging what you should then having GREAT products like ProSolv Gel and PowerGel should not be a problem. In my NOT so humble opinion they are the BEST at what they are supposed to do.

Stop trying to nickle and dime everything.

Also, I saw your post on Stain Magic. I have been a cleaner that has done more testing that any cleaner I know of. Stain Magic will out perform Hydrogen Peroxide and Ammonia on the real tough spots. There is MORE to Stain Magic than just hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.

DevilDog

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DevilDog said:
Jesus, I have seen a couple of your post now talking about the expense of things. Come on dude....if you are charging what you should then having GREAT products like ProSolv Gel and PowerGel should not be a problem. In my NOT so humble opinion they are the BEST at what they are supposed to do.

Stop trying to nickle and dime everything.

Also, I saw your post on Stain Magic. I have been a cleaner that has done more testing that any cleaner I know of. Stain Magic will out perform Hydrogen Peroxide and Ammonia on the real tough spots. There is MORE to Stain Magic than just hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.

DevilDog

wow, it's alive!!

w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmVhyHBRAMw]

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I used a couple of tubes of prosolve, went really quickly.

Then I took some Orangel from Zep and Bridgepoints Alsolv, and found that by using them in combination, I could accomplish the same spot removal. But without the waste and with half the useage.

Farenheit251

Devil Dog. many of my rental owners who had a $100,000 equity in their houses 4 years ago are now upside down. One of my California owners just let 35 upscale homes go into forclosure. I lose a restaurant due to closing about every 6-8 weeks lately(last one was a $430 monthly clean). I;m still doing alright cause owners can't sell and have to rent and people losing their home have to rent. I am getting a different class of owner who is usually broke before he decides to rent his house. I'm throwing in a lot of spotting or charging less for it so you better believe I'm a cheapass.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Brian

I have a Vortex and a Super Judson and I still have to use spotters for gum and heavy grease.

How does Duane's truckmount get that stuff off with out any chemical help?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I boost my PB with citrus pro every time and boost with vol.40 if need be... and fels takes out the rest. I use to use power gel..

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
speedball will eat paint from walls but be carefull with it

what concentration are you mixing it at, isn't it kind of foamy to have to rinse out

cleaned some carpet yesterday that had quite a bit of recent small drops of paint, just put some spot n boost in with the judson"s O2, scrubbed them well, the spots all came out with a slow rinse pass

after purchasing pro's choice products and the product drying up in the tube or the tube falling apart, I moved on to different things

Farenheit251

Mike, I can melt any gum or candle wax out. Occasionally I'll use a spotter if I'm concerned about fiber distortion. Grease-yes I would need a spotter if it is auto grease. Most weeks I don't come across gum or auto grease in my rentals. Maybe a little black graphite lube from a recliner.

-JB-

Name
JB
Fels,
Hell-gel (Vac a way),
P.I.G. out (Vac a way),
in that order.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom