Prowler 315

G

If you look back a little,I used one a few times and the idea is great,but they have some improvements to make. 1st it needs a pulsation dampner,2nd,it could use swivels on at least 2 of the wheels,it weighs almost 400lbs so you can imagine trying to turn it,and I dont know how the longevity thing will be,but we will find out soon enough.

Kevin

Name
George Valliant
About as laughable as Titans claim of 800 ft on a 59 blower.

I wonder how the prowler perfoms at 100 ft?

Besides, the 315 is out and the 13 HP is in. Ben is steering everyone towards his 13 hp unit. It's lighter, smaller, and packs the same punch as the 315.

No pulsation dampner? That's a drag. But, he ain't charging you for a pulsation dampner either.

Sappire is already touting the benifits of compact design. TM manufacturers have to be competitive on price too.

There are two questions remaining about the Prowler. Performance and reliability.

Performance - CFM can be improved with 2.5 hose. Heat can be improved with post heat (non-fuel) option.

Reliability - It looks as simple as grandpa's riding lawn mower.

Freaking custy's ask me all the time how much i paid for my Thermalwave 5m. Before i can answer they usually blurt out $5,000.00.... Their jaws drop when i tell em "25k plus interest. And, that doesn't include the van and another 10k in accessories".

If the custy thinks we pay 5k for equipment then no wonder we encounter such resistance regarding price. If the custy is arriving at a fair price based on 5k worth of equipment then i'm willing to give em 5k worth of equipment.

Somebody stop me!

(Shifting gears now)

Anyone know if waste water from an APO will kill lawn and plants?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
George,

Wastewater from your tank will NOT harm any grass or plants as the chemistry used in most cleaners is phosphate based, which is an ingredient in fertilizer.

Vinnie,

Get some good heat for your present cleaning machine, and you'll be good to go.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Bob,

Didn't they take the phosphates out years ago? They claim it's the largest cause of pollution in the ocean. It causes algae blooms which kill everything.

Gene

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
There are cleaning chemicals with no phosphates, but as far as I know from my own experience of 25 years of cleaning, I have NEVER killed anything growing with APO waste water.

Here, we are allowed to pump out onto the ground, as long as it doesn't go into the driveway, sidewalk, street, and ultimately into the storm drains, or as long as it is not over a septic system.

Our APO uses a garden hose, so there is no run-off, as the volume of water is not that much.

The Preacher

i was accused by sum BIG HED californicator of causing alligators in the everglades to have 3 eyes due to using a an APO on my DooDaddy TM!!! :shock:

ps the small, steady amount of APO allows the ground to absorb easily. you do have to wash down the area however as the oils and lint (if you don't use a good filter system) leave an unsitely pool!!!

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Danny S said:
ps the small, steady amount of APO allows the ground to absorb easily. you do have to wash down the area however as the oils and lint (if you don't use a good filter system) leave an unsitely pool!!!

We have 3 filters before the APO, so only the dirty water comes out the hose onto the ground.

No mess to pick up!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Walrus said:
Switch to liquids to avoid phosphates.

TKPP (Tetrapotassium pyrophosphate) is quite common in liquid formulations.

To clarify.... Phosphates have not been removed, or even much reduced in use for carpet cleaning formulations. Their use has been all but eliminated in consumer (cleaning) products (e.g. laundry detergents), and as such has practically removed the prior threat that overuse of of phosphates presented in natural water streams. The present use of phosphates generally leaves the levels in the environment at a tiny fraction of what it once was. Some states have dabbled with addressing phosphate levels in industrial and commercial products, but so far none have effected our industry in any meaningful way.

The Preacher

2nd time today pointy hed SHawn has had to correct sum BDCC'

Re: Enzymes and ph
Posted By Shawn Forsythe on 7/20/2009 at 1:15 PM
I think some definitions are being misinterpreted here.

An enzyme, by definition, is a protein produced by living organisms and functioning as biochemical catalysts.

Yes, indeed most enzymes that are used in cleaning formulations are "synthetic". But "synthetic" here is to mean synthesized by processes that are not necessarily naturally occurring. Such synthesized enzymes are "farmed" from bacteria. Enzymes are not alive, nor are they ever alive.

While enzymes fall into classes, such as Protease, lipase, etc, it is by no means indicative of particular sensitivities to cleaning formulation characteristics of pH, temperature, or oxidative powers. In fact, enzymes are developed and selected specifically for their compatibilities, as well as their activities as chemical catalysts.

Manufacturers of cleaning formulations will seek out and select enzymes with properties that benefit their intended formulation, or the formulation in which it will be mixed. In this endeavor, enzymes that are stable and compatible within a wide pH range, temperature range, are most desirable. However, that does not mean all formulators are equally successful in finding specific enzymes that do everything, equally well, in all conditions. That is why it is best to consult the manufacturer's specific recommendations on their product, for just how well the selected enzymes will continue to perform in the specific conditions that you might want to subject them to.

next thing ya know he'll be try'n to tell JiMMy how to make his 'LectroCOb!!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom