psi gauge stuck on 1200

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I have a boxer 421 so I never go that hi but ran machine today and there it was. Thought maybe I got it too cold but everything works fine. Gauge seems to be about 600 psi above what the pressure actually is. Took it off and its in front of me but needle wont go down. I'm stumped please help thanks Also I run it out of water at night then lube blower my dad said maybe negative vacuum but how do I get it unstuck?

breathe72

It froze.

On the boxxer 421, it will be the 1st thing to freeze, even though everything else will be fine.

You dont get it "unstuck".

It will need to be replaced.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
That makes sense. Electric heater died the other night and had van outside. It got down to 27 or so I guess that did it. Lesson learned, thanks.

Jimbo

Joel...a pressure gauge for water is like a dead-end end street...there's no way to get out...so when you have freezing in a machine...as it builds up insane pressure...it will ruin the gauge. Replace it...but more importantly...

figure out a better way to protect your equipment from the cold... you got way lucky this time if that is all that is broke...you could spend thousands repairing a frozen machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom