psi ?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
No. Well sometimes. It depends. Mostly no but sometimes.Depends on some things and then other times it depends on other things. Got that.

Farenheit251

Usually I dont base it as much on the carpet as how dirty and what kind of dry times I need. Also atmosphere conditions-right now carpets are drying really quick. Some restaurants that wont open for 11 hours but I cant even keep the prespray from drying before I clean, why not crank it up and I even skip dry strokes.

Bob Foster

Hey be careful with the psi info, the guys that are using 600 psi (and higher sometimes) are using very specific wands jetted, extended and aimed correctly to use that psi. If you had a standard wand and did that you could have also sorts of pile distortion, streaking and over wetting issues.

High psi wands generally are angled jets toward the glide carpet interface in combination with high lift vacuum capability.

Examples of wands set up like this are a modified ProChem Ti wand or the famous Greenhorn wand or the modified ProChem QuadJet.

The new Mytee Bentley (when modified) and the Sapphire Scientific Studebaker wand are also capable of higher psi too.

Bob,

I didn't realize the Rug Doctor had adjustable PSI. I am not even sure that is a valid question for you to answer. Between you and Waldo you guys clean what 3 rooms a month. Throw in Strickland and you guys probably clean 3 rooms a month. No that isn't a typo.

Carry on.

DL

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
thats true Bob. my old wand, even with a holed glide, I wouldn't use any more than 400, with 2 03 jets.
Using the greenhorn, 600psi with 5 03 jets. holded or hybrid glide

Rug Dr can't even pick up water at 60psi ! I've restored 3 places in the last 2 months that were left a mess by a Rug Dr

Bob Foster

Darren Lumpkin said:
Bob,

I didn't realize the Rug Doctor had adjustable PSI. I am not even sure that is a valid question for you to answer. Between you and Waldo you guys clean what 3 rooms a month. Throw in Strickland and you guys probably clean 3 rooms a month. No that isn't a typo.

Carry on.

DL

I think Waldo, Danny and I cleaned 9 this month so we are now extra qualified. But Lumkin since your busy all day working sub for Robison you could probably give us your opinion and we could consider it fiddy percent valid too.

And I 'll have you know that I now get a discount when I rent a Rug Doctor at the grocery store because I'm their best customer for rentals and cleaning solutions. I'll actually prefer Rug Doctor Carpet Wonder Cleaning Solution to Liquid Tide. Sometimes I add a little PineSol to my rinse water to freshen the place up a bit. The part I don't like is the kid at the grocery store won't lift the Rug Doctor into the trunk of my Chrysler Dynasty any more.

Back
Top Bottom