public image

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
had to adjust a lock set today on one of the condos we service.
Look what I saw

002.jpg

I didn't take many pics cause I didn't want to get caught.

I talked to the dude a little bit and he seemed like a decent guy.
I didn't tell him I was rug sucker too, though

I suspect he left the carpets pretty wet.
He was cleaning a condo on the bottom level and hoses were running up the steps to the TM .
It's appx 25ft up from condo to parking where he was.

I estimated the of the Legend was turning no more than 2000 RPM
PSI was blowing 500 and HG was a whopping 7...count 'em SEVEN HG.. :shock:

Oh yea, his wing man was wrapping up as I finished my work and got in the minivan
...and yep, sure enough, he opens the dump valve and drains it on the asphalt parking lot in front of God and everyone else :roll:

Not a great image for the branded company he represents...Sears

I was going to post a pic of the whole truck...but don't know how to crop out the van number (no phone, but van number)
and i don't want one of you SNITCHES to rat the dude out

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ya know I didn't even realize Sears was still cleaning carpet around us Larry, I haven't seen one of their trucks in fo'eva

I thought you were gonna say you saw me diggin in my nose at a red light

To be honest that is what most of the trucks I see at my supplier look like. That's just pathetic. By the way my Legend stays locked at 14 hg. The guy must have only had the throttle half open.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
The guy must have only had the throttle half open.

could be
2000rpm was a guestimate
I know it was well below what he should be running an air cooled motor at.
Not to mention pulling all that water up hill for such a long stretch

..L.T.A.

CanYouHemiNow

I wouldn't think any major company like Sears would use equipment like that... are these guys subcontracted or something?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
CanYouHemiNow said:
I wouldn't think any major company like Sears would use equipment like that... are these guys subcontracted or something?

I donno.
I "thought" they used subs around here.
the van was lettered/logoed, but no phone number..just a van number

the two dudes were clean cut and uniformed

..L.T.A.

Newbies who want to upgrade to a truckmount. Always buy new if you can or one that looks new. You can use it for several years and make TONS of money and then get half your money back. Don't ever buy a pos like that machine in the picture even if it is a deal. You may save several thousand dollars, but you will loose tens of thousands in the long run or atleast that is my opinion. I would much rather work with a clean portable and trailer than that ugly machine. IMAGE IS EVERYTHING IN THIS BUSINESS unless you are bait and switch and then you can just use a rug doctor. Does this make any sense? Same applies to vans. Next van for me is going to be new or less than 10k miles. I figure if I put 20k miles which is high for me yearly and pay 20 grand for a van I should be able to sell it for 9-10k 5 years later and have a clean dependable ride while I own it. That breaks down to 2 grand a year which is well worth it.

CanYouHemiNow

danielc said:
Newbies who want to upgrade to a truckmount. Always buy new if you can or one that looks new. You can use it for several years and make TONS of money and then get half your money back. Don't ever buy a pos like that machine in the picture even if it is a deal. You may save several thousand dollars, but you will loose tens of thousands in the long run or atleast that is my opinion. I would much rather work with a clean portable and trailer than that ugly machine. IMAGE IS EVERYTHING IN THIS BUSINESS unless you are bait and switch and then you can just use a rug doctor. Does this make any sense? Same applies to vans. Next van for me is going to be new or less than 10k miles. I figure if I put 20k miles which is high for me yearly and pay 20 grand for a van I should be able to sell it for 9-10k 5 years later and have a clean dependable ride while I own it. That breaks down to 2 grand a year which is well worth it.

Good stuff... thanks.

Back
Top Bottom