Pulsation Dampner..................

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
How long does the charge on one of these last..........

I put a new damper on about a year and a half ago...........

My hose is jumping around like a epileptic rabbit........

Mike Draper

I just talked with John at Superior Cleaning. Said you should replace or recharge it once a year, or when they go out I suppose. He has them in stock.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The nitrogen recharge units should indeed last around 9 months to a year between checks and charges.

However, most all manufacturers have switched to Cat's model 6026/6028 sealed dampeners that last quite a few years with no charging/checking necessary at all. I don't even stock the rechargeable units anymore. In most cases, I'll recommend that a user replace with one of the newer CAT units if they find that their nitrogen ones are not holding at least 75% of the pressure at time of service.

Greenie

that's a good question, I have a similar one for Shawn:

On our old TM, it had a Hypro 3 piston pump, and NO pulsation dampner, it ran flawless for 3 years, any reason why I would have added one to this unit? I ask because I have this unit back in my shop and I'm dismantling it for parts as the motor is toast, gonna save the pump and blower.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
First,

A triplex pump needs no pulsation dampener, unless you have a device like a pulse pump attached to the main pump, which will induce pulsation as it inhibits one of the cylinders.

Second, the simple lack of a pulsation dampener is not enough to cause visible or felt pulsation if the system otherwise dampens the pulsation with the system hoses acting to quell it.

However, if your unit is indeed equipped with a pulse pump for last step chemical injection, a pulse dampener will at the very least aid chemical injection as it reduces pressure spiking(pulsation) that would inhibit the re-introduction of the chemical downstream.

BTW, some TM systems lack a "visible" pulsation dampener, but actually have what is known as a pulse hose or "throbber" hose on the outlet of the pump, which performs the same function by expanding and contracting, thus smoothing out the flow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom