Pump Clutch Vortex 777

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
i am looking for a part number for a vortex pump clutch. single belt with four mounting screws. thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
should be a standard military issue Cat Pump clutch.

If it's like the 6008 units its running on the wrong side of the pump so the mounting bolt wants to come loose, make sure to Locktight that thing on real well.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
thanks but i was hoping to get a napa or regulare auto part number lol.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
i have found many parts for my V that where not ordered from the "Hozers", original parts. Most parts used in our equip are just relabled and sold to us at 10 times what they cost. if they could sell us a "Vortex" diesel fuel it would be $20 a gal lol. but wait they tried that with Xtherm. I buy it from the source for a third of what the hozers wanted.
Napa?

lol

Maybe Ed Valentine can tell you how to make one out of a Styrofoam doughnut.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
i thought i read here a while back that some one was able to match one up at napa?

FredC

Village Idiot
you can...

older volvos cars (90s) and I think Kenworths/other trucks have 20mm shafts

Edit: I cross referenced the correct ogura/tci/couple others at one time but can't find where I saved it.
If I remember right there want a ton of money saved at auto stores vs dultmeir/kleenrite/etc

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
MA-7A-CP4

I believe it is auto zone that can match it....the MA-7A is what they will go by..should be the same bore size off of those numbers.......the CP4 I believe is just for the cat pump....

all it is..is an 12 volt air conditioning clutch.............

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim, is that a napa part #?

no...those numbers came off of the clutch itself...........they can cross reference from those if needed.......

IMG_0528_zps97a015bc.jpg

IMG_0529_zps1a7e8ad2.jpg

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I was in search for a good source of these clutches last year and called motion industries, went to napa, and call ogura clutch. The clutch is a proprietary clutch made for cat pump as the oem.

The cat pump clutch number is 34970.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I know the thing was crossed referenced some where before..I just don't have it in my records where it was.....when I was having problems with mine..at that time I was not going to mess around with trying to figure out what the problem was.....with all of the rust partials that we're flying threw my system...because of all the galvanized parts that were used.....I just pulled the entire pump and clutch and replaced the whole unit....

From what I remember....the one in the picture was still good....there is a ware mark on the magnet from where the shaft bolt walked out....and it wobbled around a bit......

Name
BradFenstermaker
Just call Aerotech and order a new one. They treated me fair a few months ago. I shopped around and they where competive. Something that makes or breaks the TM is worth saving a few dollars IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom