Pump Guru Question

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Can this pump be run on an electric motor? What size and make? I know Leeson makes one, but it has a tendency to trip a reset button that can take up to a half an hour to "reset". Here's a pic of my ol' Ninja set up with a General, nicely toasted from the fire and rusted from sitting outside :

NINJA4-1.jpg

http://www.generalpump.com/PDFs/T9721B-Pump.pdf

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nope. General. I don't like Hypro because of the cast heads. They will work and work well, but as long as the general had a regular oil change, they lasted for 5 years.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Willy, phone Larry Cobb. He knows all the general pumps. The last time I checked, 800psi was the smallest pump they made.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It's highly likely that it can be done without a problem. Belt drive it, at a 2:1 reduction, so your output would be somewhere at a shade over 1.3 gpm, using an energy efficient 56 frame 3/4 HP capacitor start, capacitor run motor. DO a drill-down spec search at Grainger and I bet you find one, or three that will work.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Willy,

The reason your motor is tripping, is that the motor is not enough horsepower to run whatever you're trying to run with it. As the motor labors along, it starts getting hot, and trips out.

Then, you have to wait for the motor to cool before it can be reset.

A real PITA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom