Pump oil

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
After 20 years cleaning I can't believe I don't know this but can you use cat pump oil in another pump like a General pump. I would assume its the same type of oil?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
On an episode of Top Gear they drained the oil out of a car and filled the engine with lard. It ran a long time.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
back in the midevil days...junkyard motors were pretty abundant....sooooooo
we would get Hemi motors and run them WITOUT oil.......you get so many more RPMs witout the crank having to spin thru the oil....they were good for a 1/4 mile run.....

Name
Lee Stockwell
back in the midevil days...junkyard motors were pretty abundant....sooooooo
we would get Hemi motors and run them WITOUT oil.......you get so many more RPMs witout the crank having to spin thru the oil....they were good for a 1/4 mile run.....
Cranks don't "spin thru the oil", ya doofus. Unless you overfilled them, which causes massive foaming, and loss of oil pressure anyway.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
lee... the hemi crank counterweights do spin thru the oil.......these days they are even sharpening the counterweights to cut thru easier:

my last dragster:

61dragster22839-A.jpg

61dragster22839-C.jpg
it was a trick i learned from Don Garlits when he ran at Detroit Dragway..we met the time his car exploded off the line sending his clutch disk sailing over my car in the pits...unfortunatly being a dumb ass i went running over to pick it up and severely burnt my hands...
and yes, that IS a parachute!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom