Pump Sprayer

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I just busted my hydra-force today and I dont really want to get another one right now, so I was thinking about going to lowes and getting a pump sprayer for my pre-spray.

I've never used a pump sprayer for pre-spray and was wondering if it worked as well?

I was also curious what is a good size to get and if lowes was a good place to get one.

Any info on this would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Nick

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Thank you for your help. You use a pump sprayer for pre-spray? That makes me feel better that other people are doing it that way. I'll definatly tone my prespray down. Thanks

TimP

Using a pump up to pre-spray your carpet would be a nightmare in my opinion, and yes I have tried it. Yeah it can be done but why? At least get a battery multi sprayer. Or just buy another inline sprayer. Getting your prespray to coat the yarns is the best way to clean and a pump up takes too long to get the moisture to the carpet. If your prespray don't get to the soil load it ain't gonna clean it.

I use a pump up for tile though. 1 for acid in a plastic pump up, I spray just the lines. The other is for solvent based sealer, the lines only. I use my omni for high alkaline cleaner though. That's all pump ups are good for......at least in my opinion.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Steve is correct. You want a chemical resistant sprayer, usually means Viton rubber rather than buna rubber seals and gaskets.

The downside of a pump up sprayer is a lot of pumping. Your arm can get really tired on a big job. The pump-up sprayer will also be slower than your Hydroforce. Another disadvantage is the loss of heat for your prespray. Heat can be very helpful on most jobs.

The size of sprayer depends upon -
#1 How big is the job? You don't want to be refilling it every few rooms.
#2 How much weight do you want to carry around all day? Each gallon of prespray weights about 9 pounds plus the weight of the sprayer.

Consider a nice battery operated sprayer. We make the OmniPro which I think is a great sprayer. Mytee and Multisprayer also have battery operated sprayers.

Scott Warrington

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
go buy a Solo brand pump up if you can't afford an electric or battery sprayer.

Solo makes a decent 3 gal pump up for under $50.
Viton seals and changeable wand jets.
They give you a plastic tee-jet that will work fine, but I recommend you go to your nearest TCS farm supply store and buy an 8006 brass tee-jet.
They'll have those jets on the shelf.
You'll flow more juice with 06 jet

what ever pump up you buy, avoid the ones with cone jet spray tips.
They don't apply chem as evenly and consistently as tee-jets

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
the pump sprayers from home depot and lowes arn't for carpet but will work. the jets on them are smaller than a commercial pump up sprayer for carpet cleaning. i know i used one for a year or so.. hated it. have a hydroforce revolution now. love it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The only time I use a pump up is when it's a portable job or to apply protectant that is probably why I don't sell much. Just kind of a pain.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I love my Solo sprayer. I have a HF on the truck and used to use it all the time. I still use the HF for large jobs but I use a lot less product with the pump up.

Able 1

Name
Keith
With my hf i make $1,300 on one gal.

I Like the convenience

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom