pump to change my blower oil

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If you're looking for an evacuation pump to get the oil out, Harbor Freight or Northern Tool have a couple to choose from.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
jus drain it out the bottom....
you'll never get a hose past the timing gears.......

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
bob vawter said:
jus drain it out the bottom....
you'll never get a hose past the timing gears.......

and if it is a dual splash you won't get down through
the front channeled cover either.

Daniel
I am assuming you have a machine you cannot get to the drain valve on?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why not pay someone to do it and use your back up if you are booked. I mean you have the legend and the everest

Jimbo

The Everest HP has poor access to the blower drain plugs...so I use a gear lube suction unit like you would use to put gear lube in a rear differential...and I suck the oil out of the blower...then when you fill it...hopefully with AEON synthetic oil...you just fill it to the center of the sight glass...that is the proper oil level in the blower.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
How did you change it last year? I am assuming you change it once a year or every 1,000 hours. with synthetic or 500 with regular oil.. My dealer does mine. I got my pump, blower oil changed for about 60 bucks by chris pond

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
You can change the PC's blowers with a suck pump, you'll need to reduce the size of the hose a little bit on most of those draw style pumps for it to fit down in there easily, and you'll still have to wiggle it around to hit bottom.

Just do it right after your last job when the oil is good and hot - it will take you an hour to draw it out if it is totally cold.

Like Jimbo said use AEON PD and nothing else for their blowers - with that oil, you can go 4500 hrs or 2 years, whichever comes first (obviously it'll be the latter).

On the PC's, you can use a similiar trick to fill the water pump case. Get a squeeze bottle mustard style lid, a cheapo piece of clear hose, 3' long from lowes that the bottle tip seals itself into like a barb. Fill your mustard bottle with pump oil, push the mustard bottle into one end of the hose, the other into the pump case, and squeeze away. Beats the hell out of trying to funnel it in there, plus you can pre-measure your ounces.

Mikey P

Administrator
When I was given the tour of the new SS870 and the newest prochem Everest, both companies said use a pump..

my Judson drain is impossible to access on one side and my Vortex drain plug is frozen/stripped.

The pump Judson gave me and the one I bought a Marine store did a piss poor job. One hose was too fat to get by the gears and the other Marine pump (that attaches to a drill) was hokey as can be..

Next year I'll flip the trucks over.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
On the PC's, you can use a similiar trick to fill the water pump case. Get a squeeze bottle mustard style lid, a cheapo piece of clear hose, 3' long from lowes that the bottle tip seals itself into like a barb. Fill your mustard bottle with pump oil, push the mustard bottle into one end of the hose, the other into the pump case, and squeeze away. Beats the hell out of trying to funnel it in there, plus you can pre-measure your ounces.

What a neat idea, thx, now to me, yee haa, got my five bucks worth for this month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom