Pump-up Sprayer:

R

R W

Me. I buy a 2 gallon sprayer from a local hardware store that is USA made. About $16......lasts 3-4-5 months. I keep a couple around for different sprays. I've been through the electrics and batt powered sprayers, still nothing as reliable as a PU. I would like to try a battery sprayer....still looking for a good one. The sprayers with the carts just don't fit in my overloaded extended van.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I use one at home for bug spray, it works pretty good as long as I release the pressure when I'm done.

We use the injection sprayers for precondition and electric for protector and deodorants.

Why?

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I mainly use a Multi-sprayer but since the battery is going out on it I have been using my old 2-gallon TWBS Pump-up quite a bit. I may just use the pump-up for a while now that I am used to it again.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I like the pump up srayers for spraying acid on grout lines. For carpet its a HF or multi sprayer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I never could get use to the battery type, seems like when ever I went to use one it, needed charged.

We finally went corded Multisprayers which are ok unless there is no electricity.

If I went pump up only I'd want the stainless steel ones like the pest control guys use, with a gauge so you can monitor pressure and keep it consistent.

R

Rafa L

I use a multi-sprayer someone from the boards gave me a few years ago.........the thing works nice. I recently replaced the battery which was not expensive at all. I keep it charged constantly in the van when not in use.

I have plenty of pump-ups from when I started. I even have a bacpak sprayer I picked up from Northern Tools. This puppy is a 4 gallon and works nice as you pump the lever to pressurize it and go.

Farenheit251

When I clean a really bad restaurant I will mix up a really strong mix in the pump up and pretreat worst areas before I hydroforce. Then leave it close in case they dont come clean with the wand. Cooling down the truck to retreat with the hydroforce is not really an option.

G

I use the R&L Chemical 2 gallon it has lasted me so far over a year!, but also I
replace the end nozzel with a different spray handel! $29.95 from Home Depot

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I just got a el cheapo battery sprayer, I will NEVER use a pump up again!

I just can't believe how much quicker my day goes by without that up&down squeak squeak squeak squeak.....!

TimP

I use a pump up for acid on the grout lines. And I use it for grout sealing also. And I keep them on the truck for back up cause you never know when you will need them but they are a major PITA for doing carpet prespray anyone who says different doesn't put enough prespray on their carpet.

Lately I've been using the hydroforce and it is nice to have one that works. I also have an omni battery sprayer, it was on the fritzs for charging so I bought the parts to upgrade it to the new style. Once I got in it I figured out why it wasn't charging well...the charging port was coroding and probably was shorting out the chargers I was using, (I'd say it took about 20-30 min for me to change it all out). Anyway it charges up good now. I also had to buy a new switch for it to. It's good to go but I think I'm gonna keep it for protector I just need to get an 01 tip for it for my hardball protector I use.

Walt

I don't actually use the pump up for day to day use. Just for when I need to mix up something extra strong and as a back up to the back up.

You all ways no what's going down with a pump up. But man does it take for ever.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I do. I apply teflon w/ a pump. and when I pre spreay the encap juice. also sometimes before I clean a restraunt I pre spray with an enzyme in a pump up before I set up then spray again with an alkaline pre spray

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
A pump up sprayer would be slow for protector too. Most protectors have application rates of 1 gal per 200-300 sq. Ft

John Olson

Name
John Olson
ACE said:
A pump up sprayer would be slow for protector too. Most protectors have application rates of 1 gal per 200-300 sq. Ft

I'm confused. If not using a Pump up then you should be using a battery sprayer (Labeled Protector ONLY) for protector, only way you can besure your putting down the right amount AND your not cross contaminating. So I am going to assume you meant using a Pump up was to slow and you use a battery sprayer?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I use the multi sprayer and rinse / flush it out before changing chemicals. I apply Scotchgard brand protector. If I am applying to dry carpet my HF has the right 1:8 ratio so I might use that turning off the chemical injection, clean, flush first. So, am I going to assume you are saying I’m doing something wrong?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I rather grind my skin off with a belt sander than to use a pump-up to apply pre-spray to carpets.....

Upl is the exception and the only time I grab the P-up

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I wouldn't use a pump up to spray a weed let alone prespray all day. Battery powered hydro all the way. I even use it for weeds.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
ACE said:
I use the multi sprayer and rinse / flush it out before changing chemicals. I apply Scotchgard brand protector. If I am applying to dry carpet my HF has the right 1:8 ratio so I might use that turning off the chemical injection, clean, flush first. So, am I going to assume you are saying I’m doing something wrong?
Not "wrong" but I think you'd find having a dedicated pump up just for protector much more time and cost effective then the procedure you just mentioned. I will say what your doing is 100 times better then a lot of guys. They will just change jugs and not even flush the lines. If you have a powerclean just turning the chemical draw off does nothing as it isn't a last step chemical injection. I can go on.

jimn

Hello John,

Just a minor correction. The PowerClean LibertyXT does indeed have last step chemical injection. It utilizes the GP hot and dry pump combined with the last step chemical pulse pump. Chemical is injected just prior to the solution exiting the machine.

Have a good evening.. :D

Jim

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ooops sorry Jim. We have only had one Liberty come through here so I fergot. The rest of the machines are not though :) Still trying hard to get a DXT sold.

CleanEvo

I use a 3 gallon pump up for Teflon and that's all it's ever used for. I keep a 2 gallon pump up on the truck as a back up and use it if i'm doing a bonnet only job. I keep a couple of samll hand held pump ups for upholstery or spotting jobs. I like using the HF for all pre-praying.

I'd like to try a battery sprayer.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Go from 2 to 6 on your dwyer meter and use emulsifier thru your machine and you won't need no prespray.

:shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom