pump up sprayers best bang for your $

Lonewolf68

I am looking for info on pump up sprayers. I am new to the business and I bought a garden type pump up sprayer from Lowes and it does not put a lot of prespray out. Are there some decent sprayers out there that don't cost a fortune? Thanks for any advice.

Steve

WISE

You will pay through the nose up front, but in the long run a B&G sprayer will prove cost effective. Super reliable. The best out there IMO. We also have a Hudson commercial sprayer that is plastic and it has held up pretty well.

I personally prefer the "pepsi" sprayers for putting down volume prespray fast. I have two of those. Guy at the Pepsi plant here gave me all kinds of valves and parts for em, as well as a whole tank ready to go as I asked him for one of the valves that mounts to the tank...he didn't feel like taking it off so he gave me the whole tank! LOL Sweet deal there.

Anyway, for durability B&G and pepsi sprayers have been the best for us so far.

WISE

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
for a pump-up, try a SOLO

I have not regretted switching to a battery sprayer, the OMNI Pro is the one I got, Someone has one called the Rocket, good sprayer. They sure beat getting pumped!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

The Stainless Steel "pepsi" sprayers are very durable and look more professional ($50-$100).

The electric sprayers are more consistent in pressure output and work better for protector application ($200-$300).

Larry Cobb

Fred Homan

Try a Pepsi sprayer....Get a pressure regulator from Graingers....Works grrreat...

keithk

Yeah I like the Chapin also. Get it through Grainger. I use the 2 gallon Stainless Steel. I love the wide mouth opening.

G

I have used the RLPROFLO from HD. About 40 bucks have used it 2 years now with no problems. Its heavy duty stainless.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
roll some quarters, pick up some cans on the side of the road, save your lunch money....

and buy an electric sprayer.

The corded 110vt ones are much le$$ than the 12vt cordless

I had a 3 gal Solo sprayer we used as back up years ago.
Worked well, has tee jets instead of junk cone spray nozzle.
(replace the plastic tee jet it comes with, and put an 06 flow brass T-jet)
has chem resistant Viton seals, too.
'Bout $40 bukz if i recall.

..L.T.A.

TimP

My Omni cordless came in today. I haven't gone to the shop to pick it up but my hydrajunk revolution inline sprayer kicked the bucket so I'm going with what the guys say is better. I have a hydroforce TWBS and it sucks for prespray after using an inline. Plus if you have to do protector you really need two sprayers. I've been without and I can tell you it wastes major time not having a second sprayer.

Chads

Supportive Member
does anyone have a picture of the pepsi sprayer I would appreciate it

hogjowl

Idiot™
Stay away from pump ups. You will eventually grow tired of pumping.

Personally, I prefer the electric sprayers, but I understand if you feel you can't afford one at the moment. Don't get caught up in the BB hydroforce mania. They are junk and undependable.

The pepsi sprayer is "probably" your best bet. I say "probably" because I haven't personally used one, and because the only people I see speaking good of them are mainly vlm cleaners, and those people are notorious for misinformation. LOL!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Chads;

Here is the top of the "pepsi type" sprayer:
5galkeg.jpg

It is about 2.5 feet tall. QC's go to the 18" wand and pressurizing hose.
Center Lid come out for filling.

Larry Cobb

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Do the pepsi sprayers last all day on one charge of air? If not how do you charge them up on the go?

Fred Homan

Looks good Larry.....I put a pressure regulator on my hose at about 50 psi.
As far as how long it will last....Don't know yet for sure? Maybe a little compressor that would plug into the lighter would charge it enough?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've only played around with pepsi sprayers and not used them in the "real" world.
But they seem like they'd be a PITA to use.

They're heavy, need a compressor to air them up and i "hear" they can pop a fitting at times.

For what they cost fully set up
(and add in the cost of an 12vt compressor to recharge them on the road after re-filling)
you may as well buy a cordless Rocket Sprayer.... :idea:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom