Purple Power as a prespray.

Ryan

I bought a 2 1/2 gallon container of Purple Power at Lowes to clean up a oil leak on my driveway. Stuff smells just like Flex my resty prespray so I decided to try some. It had the dilution ration rated @ 10:1 for carpet so I mixed it up... WAY too strong at that dilution. Worked perfect at 20:1, same results as Flex and about the same smell.

It cost $12 for 2.5 gallons and flex cost around $20 per gallon. They mix about the same ratio, I think I've found me a new prespray... anyone else use this?

A

amazingcleansc

one of the listed uses is carpet. I dont see why not in a "flex" type situation. obviously they dont give 2 shits about the carpet you are cleaning and dont want to pay you too much anyway!

Mikey P

Administrator
Purple degreasers are loaded (if not 100%) Butyl, Every auto parts and hardware store have their own version.

I use them as a booster on my rat nasties but could not deal with that stench on a daily basis

Ryan

I'm just using it on nasty move outs and mexican restys (Richard your ppl are nasty :lol:).

Any other cheap chems you arn't telling me about Mikey? Lol I've burnt through a few cases of flex and could have saved a lot of $$.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It's a great spot remover. I use as a booster on trashed restaurants. Never let it touch wool or other delicate fibers.

Ryan

Yeah I use a peroxide based chemical from spartan products on wool (the one wool I've done :lol: ) and most all residential carpets that aren't totally trashed. Great stuff won't hurt anything and works on well on most everything.

A

amazingcleansc

speaking of rat nasties.

i do the move outs for an apartment complex that is predominately mexican immigrants. These people are nice and hard working but most have NEVER had wall to wall carpet before.

The manager caught a lady with a garden hose in her living room with her thumb over the end, spraying her carpet.

One time, people were complaining that their carpet was dirty and they needed new carpet. The manager says she'll have it cleaned. I go in the place, NO vacuum cleaner at all. there is grease residue everywhere from the kitchen. I start to dry vac and pull 8000 lb of greasy dirt and crap out of their carpet. it just kept coming. I tried to be like, this is YOUR job. But they didn't speak ANY english at all, so I'm not sure any of it registered.

Usually when i do one of those, purple power is the way to go.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Industrial Purple (at Home Depot) is stronger than Purple Power

I believe the "magic crystals" in OxyClean is sodium hydroxide ...lye

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I first came on this board, if you mentioned using anything like this the members would crucify you.

Name
Evets
Brian R said:
When I first came on this board, if you mentioned using anything like this the members would crucify you.

The only thing that doesn't change around here, is the fact that everything changes around here.
(see Joe Bristor)

Mikey P

Administrator
Brian R said:

I think you're either full of shit or confusing Boards.

With meAt and Brevik around there has always en a DYS t'ude here

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I only come on one board Mr. Mikey and my eyes are not brown.

I equate it to vacuuming....try saying you don't vacuum in a thread and it's "off with your head"

Not all members...just the anal ones. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLeeets get ready to RUUUUUUmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee

d-michael-buffer.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Brain dilutes Purple power into ready mix 30-1 prespray and charges his subcontractors $24.95 a gallon

F

FB7777

I purchase Flex for under $13/ gallon... you're getting hosed if you're paying $20/ gallon

FLex diluted 4 to 1 is a fantastic all purpose spotter, a quart bottle of mixed product cost about 75 cents vs $21.95 for Magic Bullet :shock:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I will use diluted purple power on my mexican resty but only on the thick black grease to help emulsify it for extraction. I use extreme clean on my rentals and nastys in general, but with purple power being so strong and cheap it gets used in situations like the caked on resty grease. I also use it to clean tile and grout at my restaurants works great, you just gotta make sure the grout isnt too light or it may stain it.

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
[quote="Brian R":1lwlf04c]When I first came on this board, if you mentioned using anything like this the members would crucify you.

I think you're either full of shit or confusing Boards.

With meAt and Brevik around there has always en a DYS t'ude here[/quote:1lwlf04c]

It would be fun to give that one a whirl at *** and see what the responses do.

Ryan

Mikey P said:
Get a box of Oxy Clean (with magic crystals) from Home Depot for a booster and get back to me.

:shock: It worked... great actually...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom