Pushing through the wall of fear

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Credits
Name
MB
Good luck, Damon not give up. I know it’s a lot of red tape and BS but push through it.

As many have said there are pros Ana cons to having employees. Worst case scenario you find out it’s not for you and go back to the way things have been. This doesn’t have to be a permanent thing and can be undone. At least then you won’t be wondering “what if”. It could also turn out to be something you kick yourself for not doing sooner.

You got this!!!

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Credits
Good luck, Damon not give up. I know it’s a lot of red tape and BS but push through it.

As many have said there are pros Ana cons to having employees. Worst case scenario you find out it’s not for you and go back to the way things have been. This doesn’t have to be a permanent thing and can be undone. At least then you won’t be wondering “what if”. It could also turn out to be something you kick yourself for not doing sooner.

You got this!!!
Thanks Meg! It's funny. This little push through the "Wall" has really pushed me forward mentally. I think I've done pretty well alone considering I started with a porty and a case of Grand Slam. I'm at the point where I really can't take on too much more alone. Breaking through this mental barrier of employees has opened up my mind again and I feel a new wave of momentum coming on. The mind is racing on how to get the second van out of mothballs.

Last night my wife and I looked at 42 acres for $69k about 17 miles from my house. My wife said this was the first time in years she has seen that "spark" in me come out. Real estate makes me thrive. It's what I love. I love the chase and putting the hard deal together, then moving on to the next one. I feel like I can start moving that way again. It really hit me last night when I was standing in the middle of that field, looking at the undeveloped land, thinking to myself, "it's been a long time since I could do this."

I still have a ways to go, but the fog of war is lifting.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Credits
Name
MB
Thanks Meg! It's funny. This little push through the "Wall" has really pushed me forward mentally. I think I've done pretty well alone considering I started with a porty and a case of Grand Slam. I'm at the point where I really can't take on too much more alone. Breaking through this mental barrier of employees has opened up my mind again and I feel a new wave of momentum coming on. The mind is racing on how to get the second van out of mothballs.

Last night my wife and I looked at 42 acres for $69k about 17 miles from my house. My wife said this was the first time in years she has seen that "spark" in me come out. Real estate makes me thrive. It's what I love. I love the chase and putting the hard deal together, then moving on to the next one. I feel like I can start moving that way again. It really hit me last night when I was standing in the middle of that field, looking at the undeveloped land, thinking to myself, "it's been a long time since I could do this."

Use your business to help fund your real estate passion. Who knows....it may lead to you doing that full time. The best “job” is one that you live and enjoy doing. You may be on to something with this real estate thing. Even if it’s a “hobby” that provides some income.

Happy for and proud of you, Damon.

rick imby

Credits
Name
Rick
PEE ASSS

I strongly suspect your biggest headaches won't be the expense of reg$ and compliance
It will be finding good men

Rick suggests you'll go thru 3 men to find one good one.
He's fortunate, as I've found it more difficult than that...more like 5 to 1 here.

Temp agency sounds like a great suggestion.
Yeah, they're not cheap (but all their compliance regs are covered)
and a way to "try before you buy"
... weed out the wheat from chaff right quick

..L.T.A.
You may find 2 good ones in a row, and then have 4-8 bad ones. Good bosses have an easier time finding good employees----maybe that is why LTA was 5-1 ----grin

• Sad
Reactions: sOOper hero

Mikey P

Administrator
Credits

42 for 69?

Wtf, down town Paradise or only one flat acre?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Credits
Welp, That was fun while it lasted. Had to let the old-chum go. Getting his last check and crap today. Didn't show up for work twice. Said he overslept, cell phone went dead, and thought he had the day off. A few other red flags telling me I gotta cut him fast. Very rapid speech while talking 100mph with his eyes closed, falling asleep while teaching him carpet repairs, non-reliable transportation.

Starting over again :(

Last edited:

The Lurk

Credits
Name
Trip Moses
Go grab a baconator and grab on of the employees in there. But they have to quit Wendy’s immediately, spike a salad and hop in the truck.