Q about Nissan A12 engines

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ive been keeping an eye out for rebuilt A12 engines (complete) for my next custom TM project, and have come across quite a few within a fare driving distance, that are totally re-done and include carb, alt, starter etc.

Do the ones on Prochems etc, have a governor? Or do they pretty much maintain whatever RPM you set them at?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
on the ones with the 3 throttle settings.....I do believe the only "governor" on them is the one that maintains the RPM on one of those preset settings...

Jimbo i think took it off and has the normal throttle cable/lock on it....

i can rap it out if wanted though by holding the lever in....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Any belt driven governor will work. You don't have to use the notched speed control, that's just what tractors and such used for decades.

A more infinitely variable twist lock throttle cable would be even better.

I also suggest adding a tachometer.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have no experience with the manufacturer if the machine at cobbs, but the machine is built very solid. The machine Has a very respectable motor , an almost bullet proof blower and a good pump. I have no idea about the heat exchanger and other minor components but I can say from looking at the unit several times it look solid..

i will also say that I have never seen it run or seen performance. Just see the math adds up.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ashley;

We have a NEW A-15 Nissan with carburetor (with water heat exchanger & diverter).

It has the twist-lock throttle control.

It also has a #59 blower,

General Pump with electric clutch,

Pump-Out System with electric clutch,

Exhaust Heat Exchanger

Recovery Tank.

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=1299

You could be earning income instead of making special parts, to build a one-of-a-kind TM.

Larry

Larry, I'd love to buy that and not fiddle with "custom" truckmounts... But no one will loan me the money, cause I've paid CASH for everything and never built up credit like an idiot.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
or if you try and lower your tax liability it screws with it to...

ask me how i know :angry::angry:

cash flow wise...credit is good...they say i just cant pay for it

Jimbo

I use an adjustable throttle cable...I still have the governor on the engine...just not spinning it and no connection to the carb hooked up.

I mount the tach on the roof of the van...they would not last mounted on the the unit due to vibration.

DSC01306.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom