Q? for you guys who use paper bag vacuums..

Mikey P

Administrator
ON AVERAGE..

How many bags do you go through in a week, month or year?

Do you find (like the salesmen try and sell me on) that the soil does get far more compacted than in a Dirt Cup type vacuum?
Do you toss the bag after each home regardless of how full it is?
Do you refuse to run it over poet urine jobs? Just old dried up puddles or any and all?
Do you find the vacuum stays less odoriferous than a Dirt Cup type?

What model do you have?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Bags get compacted. I used my shark one day and spent to much time emptying it. Besides my riccar picks up better. I wait till the bag is full. Change it every two or 3 days. With a total of 4-5 jobs a day.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Name
Ross Martin
Im picking up this vac next week

looks to have all the best features and has been time tested for 15 years (or more?)

Seems like a great vac, but 15 inch is kinda big for residential.

I have a used Kirby G4. I get bags from powr-flite and they cost about $1.15 per bag. I also use the deodorizer tablets. I crush them to power and vac them up with each bag change. I also vac up some dollar store carpet powder at the start of each job, so it has a fresh smell each time I start it up.
As far as how many bags it really depends on the carpet condition. I do not change each job unless there was a lot of dog hair. I would say 3-5 jobs, the Kirby picks up a lot of soil and have noticed the difference of what is not in my in-line filter since switching from and Eureka Sanitaire type upright.
For really nasties, if possible I will use the customer's vac. If not I still have the Eureka on the truck.
I have never used a cup type vac for my business.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The price of a vacuum bag is less than the labor to clean out a filter. I change them when full or after sucking up a ton of pet hair and dander so I do not bring an odor to the next job. I like the santaire 5815b.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom