questin for jon from from mytee

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
on my mytee booster the auto pumpout has been inconsistant. do you have to prime the pump somehow or what would cause this not to work? I can hear the pump running but no water is coming out of the chamber. it is a brand new unit so i wonder bwhat the deal is

Name
Lee Stockwell
A comment regarding ANY pumpout, perhaps not applicable to the one you have:

Most pumps work better after being primed, that is the pump body filled with water. Pumps PUSH better than they pull, so if they can be filled they will have something to push against. It's easier to prime before vacuum is on. A foot-valve will help any pump keep prime.

Counterintuitively, smaller diameter discharge hoses can pump more easily against vacuum than larger ones.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
Nate W.
This is a statment in general. Any pump will need to be primed. A easy one for pumpouts. Turn off the vacuum, wait till water is coming out the hose, turn vacuum(s) back on and BAM! It's pumping out. Every pumpout I used needed to prime. Just like a sump pump. Try that and report back.

Name
John LaBarbera
juniorc82 said:
on my mytee booster the auto pumpout has been inconsistant. do you have to prime the pump somehow or what would cause this not to work? I can hear the pump running but no water is coming out of the chamber. it is a brand new unit so i wonder bwhat the deal is

You will need a few inches of water in the tank for it to pump out. So it may be running but the water level isn't high enough to reach the pump. Take the lid off and pour water in the tank and see at what level it begins to pump out.

Brett

On my new airhog, I just turn on the vac and the apo and start cleaning. It pumps out by itself, no priming needed so far. You can try cleaning the inside of the tank good, then unscrew the small filter at the bottom of the tank, fill with clean water and turn on the apo and see if it works.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
the reason i knew it wasnt working was because the ball float kicked the vacuum off so yes the water level was high enough. I did run a pretty long hose off the apo could that have anything to do with it?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Do you have to winterize apo, even if it's ran dry? Sorry kind of off topic...

Name
John LaBarbera
juniorc82 said:
the reason i knew it wasnt working was because the ball float kicked the vacuum off so yes the water level was high enough. I did run a pretty long hose off the apo could that have anything to do with it?

Hi JR,

that's different. Check the internal screen and see if it is plugged. Clean it. But let me know. We're working on a new screen.

Thanks,

John

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Nate The Great said:
This is a statment in general. Any pump will need to be primed. A easy one for pumpouts. Turn off the vacuum, wait till water is coming out the hose, turn vacuum(s) back on and BAM! It's pumping out. Every pumpout I used needed to prime. Just like a sump pump.
Our APO needs no prime.

Name
Nate W.
Bob Savage said:
[quote="Nate The Great":awohitbk]This is a statment in general. Any pump will need to be primed. A easy one for pumpouts. Turn off the vacuum, wait till water is coming out the hose, turn vacuum(s) back on and BAM! It's pumping out. Every pumpout I used needed to prime. Just like a sump pump.
Our APO needs no prime.[/quote:awohitbk]

Do you have a picture of the setup?

Name
Nate W.
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Bob Savage":2x2w0o55][quote="Nate The Great":2x2w0o55]This is a statment in general. Any pump will need to be primed. A easy one for pumpouts. Turn off the vacuum, wait till water is coming out the hose, turn vacuum(s) back on and BAM! It's pumping out. Every pumpout I used needed to prime. Just like a sump pump.
Our APO needs no prime.[/quote:2x2w0o55]

Do you have a picture of the setup?[/quote:2x2w0o55]

I guess not...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom