Question about shipping and order time

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I know this has been kicked around before. I placed an order from a major supplier last Wednesday at approx. 10AM there time. Nothing major, about $400 worth of chemical and 100 feet of solution hose.

I realized on Monday that my card hadn't been charged yet, and called. They said it should ship that day.........then today they call me because they are trying to input my shipping address and the salesperson had written the wrong street name down.

So, does it really take 6 days to prepare a small order and ship it????? There were 2 items in particular in that order I needed for a job, so instead of getting it when I thought I would tomorrow I'll be driving down to my supplier and trying to find something close.

Maybe I'm just bitching but it is frustrating having to wait or rely on others!

Reactions: BradFenstermaker

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have no idea if this was with Interlink or not. Sometimes items are out of stock or need to be back ordered and every company has the occasional fouled up.

Interlinksupply.com has a nice feature now that will let you know if all the items on your order are in stock. You are given the option to have the order collected, ready and waiting for you with-ion 1 hour at your nearest distributor. Look for the "Will Call" symbol with many items on our website.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Hi Scott, not Interlink. Salesperson told me "this will go out this afternoon". That was 6 days ago.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't go there. I did with Lockhart and he starts telling me how they could actually do it.:eekk: It must be the water down there.....maybe they need more RO water. :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
Cobb will be delighted to hear that today is the big test for the CX15 for us.

$1300 of macked gluedown.

.60 a foot to do what ever it takes to squeeze another tenant out of it.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Curt;

".......it is frustrating having to wait or rely on others!"

Yes, it sure is and therefore, I'll have to agree with your statement. However, (not knowing who your Supplier is, and it really would not matter) as a general statement, you must remember that the Supplier---also as to---rely on others too.

Generally speaking we do pretty darn well as far as servicing our customers in a fast and orderly process, however, there have been a couple occasions where our own Supplier(s) has had their problems at their end (ex: Ametek, NIBCO, etc...). Common situations interrupting the flow of products: holding back a product due to its not passing inspection(s); defective materials (ex: when making vac hoses, etc...); shortages.......the list goes on.

IMHO, I believe that as a general rule of thumb, the operator of a business should have spares on hand (just in case) if that business is paying the bills. The Supplier might say; "Do you carry a spare tire on your van just in case?"

Do not misinterpret what I have stated above however, I only wanted to show the other side of the fence regardless of who or how great anyone's Dealer or Supplier has been.

best always;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ed I would agree its not always the distributors fault, you are at the mercy of other vendors.

However just as we would for own own clients, a notification verifying the job and a phone call if we are going to be late would be in order for us.

I like to see the same type of thing from my distributor. I appreciate when I place the order an email confirmation that the order was placed. I also would like to know what is back ordered with some expectations of when I might expect it to come in.

Simple things but it is appreciated because I don't have to worry about whether it is being processed or not.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not knowing which supplier it is, however, usually you'll find that this issue will happen repetitiously with some suppliers and hardly ever with others.

Which brings one to the conclusion that it has more to do with how they run their own business and less with outside forces.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Rico;

Now, the subject of "communication" is a different story and one which I totally agree with you. Communication is as important as the product in any business period, IMHO. And, in this case, that is the responsibility of your Supplier and should be a "no-brainer" on their part.
However, what I have witnessed and experienced over the last 40+ years is that this ( lack of communication) is becoming more normal or common place with the "Larger" suppliers and not so with the "Smaller" ones. This, among other reasons, was why we chose to scale down rather than loose control and thereby, focus more on what it was that we were doing, and why we were doing it.

Anyways, IMHO, you were right on.

Best always;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is odd. :confusedd:

We have been fortunate in that are dealings with Pemberton's, JonDon, Superior, Excellent Supply & VacAway have been very good communication. We receive an email confirmation within seconds of placing the order. Then another email when the order ships. If there is a back order we are also notified and kept in the loop.

Blame those distributors but we are spoiled and this is the level of service we're accustomed to. :icon_cool:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Well the delayed order was ours .

It was a address change, which was written down incorrectly.

UPS rejected the order for an incorrect address which delayed the order.

Another delay was power went down due to a storm which took many large trees down, including one of Lockharts.

Our parts supervisor was also sawing up a tree in his front yard, and consequently delayed the special-order hose length for a day.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
see now, wasn't that a soul cleansing experience?

I bet if you take Marie out for dinner at that shitty Vegun joint, you'll sleep fantastic tonight now that your Karma and colon has be freed.

Back
Top Bottom