Question about websites customer contact systems

Bob Foster

Some cc websites use a form box for carpet cleaning estimates and contact.

Some people just ask for descriptions of what they want clean.

Some people use a simple Contact Us box (mailto radio).

Personally I would much rather have a person call me first to discuss their requirements. But as many know, customers often seem to prefer alternative methods than the phone. I would at least confirm an agreed to appointment by phone before I rolled on a job.

So of you real carpet cleaners and real gurus (as opposed to desk top carpet cleaning contractors that don't know shit) tell me of your experiences, the pros and cons of each.

Name
I'm Rick James
I prefer to have a email me through an email option that my website provider provides. I played around with the form on my website but wasnt a fan.

I hate going through email, its so time consuming.. Not to mention the ones that leave you in limbo, like I have one now. I usually am able to get their number right away if they dont provide it. Just do what flows well with your site.

Heres how i have mine set up.

nwGoGreenServices.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like to give people a choice

I have an email link at the top of the page near my phone number and and quick contact form down a little lower.

Why limit to just one form of contact?

I even let them schedule online...they pick the day and which part of the day works best for them.

If someone calls...great!

If they email...great!

If they fill out a contact form...great!

If they fill out the schedule form...great!

Too many guys limit how a customer can contact them. If you lose one customer because of this...that's 1 too many.

Some don't even have their phone number listed on the front page above the fold....I just don't get that at all.

The whole point of even having a website is so people can contact you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
So of you real carpet cleaners and real gurus (as opposed to desk top carpet cleaning contractors that don't know shit) tell me of your experiences, the pros and cons of each.

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I'm just a BD and donno chit about nun of that web gEEk stuff ..... but "if' I had website, wouldn't Brian's thought of giving "them" options to do what "they" feel most comfortable with be a good idea??

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
meAt said:
Bob Foster said:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I'm just a BD and donno chit about nun of that web gEEk stuff ..... but "if' I had website, wouldn't Brian's thought of giving "them" options to do what "they" feel most comfortable with be a good idea??

..L.T.A.

My gangly gangster what the hell... no website. Im not tech dude and get frustrated dealing with the website crap, but it brings me work every week. Just booked one this morning.

Check out my site to see what Intuit DIY website can do, its $7 a month. Plus they now have additional services, such as CC processing, quickbook compatable and SEO options (expensive, FCC will do better).

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Nero said:
My gangly gangster

nothing "gangly" about me
I'm rather "stUmpy" actually ... :lol:

there's no doubt i should have a website, Brent.
LOTS of other things i "should" do as well... !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would say you don't necessarily have to have a website to get on Google....but that would be shilling I'm told.
shiteatinggrin

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have a free quote button on my site that links to a contact form. I usually get 3 E-mails from prospects each day this way. Most are at work and they can't make a phone call. But, sending an e-mail is OK.

Just an other arrow in the quiver.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I get emails they have an automatic response(changing it to have more detailed info) I always email back through my blackberry with a quote if they have described it if not I call them. If they called me I call them, if they email me I email them. Haven't had a problem. My longer standing customers alot of the times text me they want stuff done.

Unlike alot of these guys I don't want to be seen, heard or anything until i am on the job site or if they have a question. I am even going to have a more detailed autoresponse to cut down on any questions. Your cleaning there carpets not setting up a liason

Becker

Name
Becker
I have an option on my site to book a job online.

Once they do, I confirm the date and time. Then if I feel I need to I follow up with an email.

Works super sweet for me.

Works real well for repeat clients.

I also have an option on my website for a client to text me.

I book a lot of jobs via email, my online appointment manager, and text. And of course the phone ins..

Before I offered the option I'd book a lot of jobs via email back and forth..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like the text option Becker.

I'll have to try that.

To you have a short number for it or just a "Text me at xxx-xxx-xxxx" ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom