question for Butler Owners

dgargan

I have the hardest time finding a service station to work on my van because of the Butler unit installed in it. I had to take it to 3 places before I could find someone to agree to do the tune up on it. They all freakout because of the shaft going through the shroud and don't want to deal with it. The place that agreed to do the tuneup has had it for two days and said they had to end up taking the seat out to remove the shroud. Is it that big of a deal to get these units serviced?

TimP

I don't have a butler so I don't know if that's normal or not. Best place to get the information fast is to call butler. I'm sure someone with a butler will speak up shortly.

Chris A

Name
Chris
with my CDS the local GM dealer has always worked on it, I can't imagine the shaft systems are that different? We will usually pull the doghouse first though, just to be nice.

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
Dave, I go to the local GMC dealership and they never blinked an eye.

I did have the front crank bolt break and they were a little reserved with their enthusiasm to fix it, but I told to call Butler and they would walk them thru it.

After the call they were astounded with Butler as I am.

Frank E

David, I will second the GMC dealer, myself and Dave Gill use the one here in town and it has never been an issue..

dgargan

Thanks. Next time I'll go to the GMC dealer. They charged me an extra $100 for a tune up because they couldn't get the cover off and had to take the seat out. Is that normal?

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
I suppose that depends if you think that it is justified to charge others extra for your incompetence's.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I think the seat is held in by four bolts. The GMC dealer, Scranton Motors, Inc took my seat out to remove the dog house. Butler recommended Scranton Motors in Vernon CT when the dealer closer to me in Westport CT was not very helpful. The work they did was all warranty work. Call Butler and ask if they can recommend a dealer near you that is familiar with their system.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Dave:

We (my sons and I) only do work on Butlers that we have bought/sold. However, you are close enough next time to give me call. And from meeting you, you seem like a good guy. You may not know it, but we have even reinstalled many Butlers in different vans

Otherwise, I am not interested in dong anybody else's repairs. But if we can help you next time, give me a call 931 707-9324 (lv msg),

And if ANYONE wants to sell used/junk Butlers please do call also.

Thx,
Dale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom