Question for Interlik's chemist type

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I started using Kleenline (powered preconditioner) and my van reeks of sodium hydroxide. It
is so bad that it I think it smells like sulfidric acid (h2S) . (I maybe wrong since I haven't been in a chemistry lab in about 30 years).
I am using 6 oz in my hydroforce and rinsing with Prochem's High Heat with a splash of
Judson's DD-12
To top it off, I don't have a waste tank, I have auto pump-out.
I'm I mixing the wrong chemicals? It stinks, but I like the cleaning results.
Thank You Luis.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Since you asked for an opinion from Interlink, you are using all the wrong chemicals. None of them are products we make.

Seriously, I prefer not to comment on what may or may not be in competitors products or what interactions they could have. The company that makes the products knows them better than I do. I suggest you ask the manufacturer.

Maybe Shawn F if more daring than I am. Let's see if he swings at this pitch.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Luis,

Sorry about the delay in posting. I have looked into the situation as you outlined it, and can find no reason why you might be having an odor issue by using PC's Highheat as a rinse emulsifier. There is no sodium hydroxide or sulfurous products in the formulation either that would give rise to anything you describe. I don't imagine why the addition of the DD-12 would have an effect, as I understand the product is used routinely as an extraction additive. I might ask that we/you look at other sources for the odor, and I'm willing to help in any way I can.

I see that you came in to purchase the product directly at one of our locations, and so if it's not inconvenient, let's take a look at the situation here, and we can do some testing in a controlled environment. Give me a call in our Fullerton store if you want to talk.

Regards,

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Luis,

I notice you mention a smell in the van, but not in the custy's building. It may be a long shot, but could there be another source for the smell in the van? If the voltage regulator on your truckmount has gone bad and the battery is overcharging, you would get an acidic smell. Or leaking chem jugs, etc., you get the idea. Just a suggestion.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Shawn, thank you for the offer but I think Dan might have nailed it or is very close to it. I changed the distributor and alternator two weeks ago and the voltage regulator last week. The engine (A-12) sounds fine but about every 20 minutes or so, it skips a beat. Something is not right. So the odor could be related to the battery.
Again, thanks for the offer Shawn.
Luis

P.S. I cleaned today without DD-12 and the customer's 12 yr kid told me that it smelled as if someone had thrown a stink bomb in my truck. I blamed it on the cats.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Luis,

Anytime you want to stop by, I'll refill your container of Prespray and give you a jar of our Emulsifier and a gallon of our Deodorizer, on us.

Shawn

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Luis,

Be careful. If the problem is the battery overcharging, along with the smell you will get hydrogen gas. If there is sufficient buildup, you have the potential for explosion/fire. I imagine you don't run with the van closed up, just be sure you have adequate ventilation - and get the charging system checked out soon!

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
UPDATE:
I disconnected the TM battery and used the van's. Odor problem solved!!
I'm going to costco tomorrow to get a new one and also I am going to have the
new (rebuilt) alternator checked out. Thank You Dan.
Luis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom