Question for Portable and VLM users?

Rex Tyus

We frequently post and discuss ways to pimp your truck mount. Has anyone successfully pimped a porty or non truck mount unit in a way that significantly improved your efficacy or efficiency? If so could you share with the class? 8)

Lonewolf68

I have an Eclipse porty and I did some minor changes with the help of Greenie. I removed the 1 1/2 hose barb and replaced it with a 2 inch barb. I am also using a cobra hose from Greenie that gradually goes down to 1 1/2 for my wand. I also got a greenglide for my wand. I really think that the 2 inch hose makes a big difference in air flow especially combined with a glide. This is all that I have done so far but it has been worth every penny.

Steve

Rex Tyus

Cool. It is amazing how a couple of simple tweaks can boost production as well as improve the service. Does your eclipse have an auto fill or dump? If not have you given any thoughts on how to make one work?

TimP

I listened to a hot seat that Greenie did the other day. And he said with a good dual vac motor that used all the usuable power from a regular 15 amp socket, that with a 2" upgrade you could use a portable pretty good up to 100 ft. He said it's best to have a 2" wand too, basically using the same idea of upgrading truck mounts to 2.5 you get rid of the restriction and let the system breath. He also said he would use a second breaker for a good pump to get like 3-400 psi and increase the flow and use a Little Giant heater for heat or that you really have to have 220 power to get some heat and it's not real realistic to use. Anyways it's the same basic idea, best thing to do is plan for it before you buy a porty to set it up just right but you can upgrade them pretty good from what I understood.

Lonewolf68

I also forgot to add that I changed out the jets on my wand. It is a two jet wand that had 1101 jets and I swapped them for 1103 jets. I really go through the water now but it cleans so well.

Steve

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have a pathfinder portable from jon don. It only has one vac motor, and no room for another, but i plan on adding a second motor in parallel by mounting it on the lid to the waste tank. I have been thinking of doing this for a while but i dont use the porty much. i plan on ordering the motor soon, so i will let you guys know how it works!! Also, I use electric heat, it sucks but if i fill the porty with really hot tap water, it winds up coming out suprisingly, hot all things considered. Or while i'm pretreating ill set the unit to circulate and preheat the water, that helps also.

Rex Tyus

Also, I use electric heat, it sucks but if i fill the porty with really hot tap water, it winds up coming out suprisingly, hot all things considered. Or while i'm pretreating ill set the unit to circulate and preheat the water, that helps also.

I did the same thing when I had to take my Bane portable back in the day. Those hot boxes got me through a lot of things I wouldn't have been able to do with cold water.

Rex Tyus

Rex, who did you buy your Bane from??? did you get it new or used???

I have owned two. The first one was a new mini-mount. The second was a used maxi-mount, when I bought out Master's touch in Blountstown in 2001. I sold the mini-mount and parked the Maxi in 04. I can easily do more with the Cleanco than both Banes. I should have taken better care of the bane for a back up but I didn't. Now It will cost me more to refurbish. :evil:

orbitalclean

YES. With the VLM method it is pertinent you turn over the towel when it is dirty and start using the clean side.

Rex Tyus

YES. With the VLM method it is pertinent you turn over the towel when it is dirty and start using the clean side.

So that should be what, about every 5 seconds???

orbitalclean

It sure as hell feels like it sometimes. The best part is taking all those dirty rags home and washing them clean in the home washing machine. Thats some nice germ migration right there.. I started taking them to the laundry-land coin op, till I can get 210v in the garage and run a separate machine OR jump into a big truck. I am partial to the latter right now.

TBH I am actually getting good results with VLM, heck I am getting excellent results and customers love it. I hear ALL the time "I'M GLAD I CALLED YOU". But you do get sick of dirty a$$ rags.

Rex Tyus

I hear ALL the time "I'M GLAD I CALLED YOU".

NEWSFLASH: They frequently say that. I heard that more often than not when I had my Von Schrader and my Bane Clene. :shock:

But back to the original question of THIS THREAD Have you done anything to pimp that rag spinner out (other than clean towels)?

Greenie

Rex Tyus said:

So that should be what, about every 5 seconds???

People can kid about this stuff all day long, but on a rat nasty, changing the heavily loaded pad every 60 seconds gets old real quick, there is a place for tons of flushing power.

Now for average soil on a berber...bring on the OP, it shines there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom