Question for Ricky G?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
It's NOT the the Tea Tree Oil it's the foaming agent.... Lauryl Sulfate (spelling?).... That makes people hack & cough. I'd use it a lot more if it didn't strangle my customers... I know, Rick: "Use a more coarse tip." Here is an idea: Just fix the problem.... Save yourself, your customers (& their customers) the headache (or cough in this case).

Of course, the the stuff is fine IF you're shower feeding. But on some equipment it isn't an option... Hot Knife & Pad Cap Pro for me. Cleans just as well & no cough. Oddly enough the hot knife is more cost effective product too.

Don't get me wrong Rick, the product works great but the coughing doesn't make it viable for me.

Grant D

Magnesium laurel sulfate.

If you want a version that shouldn't make you cough and doesn't have TT I suppose you could try the new basic.

Greg Loe

I have no problems with it as it is. Don't change it!!!!!! Make a new product, but don't change the release-it ds.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Greg Loe said:
I have no problems with it as it is. Don't change it!!!!!! Make a new product, but don't change the release-it ds.

DITTO

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Tea Tree will NOT cause you to cough.

However any member of the Sulfate family can cause a person to cough when a detergent gets atomized into fine airborne droplets. That includes Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Ammonium Laurel Sulfate, and Magnesium Laurel Sulfate, etc.

Sulfates are safe to work with. Sulfates are found in hand soap, hair shampoo, even toothpaste. However Sulfates are an irritant to mucous membranes, much the same way that hair shampoo burns when it gets in your eyes.

There are a couple of options...
1. Use a coarse tip sprayer - .06 or larger. That's simple.
2. Or use a shower feed system - such as a Cimex or a rotary with a tank.

We have looked into formulating Releasit with non-sulfate alternatives. We have also looked into backing off and developing a milder detergent package. Neither of these options have yet to give us the performance we're looking for in a Releasit product. So rather than wimping out the formula, we recommend that people use Encap-Clean as it's intended --- with a shower feed, or with a coarse tip sprayer. And for most folks that's not a big deal.

BTW, if you're interested in trying out a product that doesn't contain any Tea Tree extract, you might want to give Encap-Basic a whirl. It's a cost-effective "price point" entry that's designed to target low budget requirements. In spite of its bargain pricing, it still cleans well and it crystallizes like a champ. It's just cheaper to work with.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/store/p ... roduct=302

John Watson

I have been using Release it DS for about 5-6 yrs. Helen and I would have caughing and respetory problems only when we Like Ricky G said it was atomized into the air. We had real problems in a couple of stair wells that we did and I used a Multi Sprayer with a #4 and a trigger sprayer. No problems since using a larger tip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom