question for users of greenies blue solution hose

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man what a bitch to wind on the reel...my question is about the springs on both ends. how hot do they get? should i wrap them with something? i am running a 06 butler and getting 240 deg at the truck and am worried the spring are going to glow red.
thanks
dave

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Nope, they don't get hot. Actually makes it easier to handle the end of the hose with your hands.

A. wilson

I haven't had much of a problem having it on a hose reel, unless you have a nearly full reel.

The springs are no problem with one exception, be careful if you use it around upholstery as I have had the end of the spring catch on the fabric. I either use another hose for upholstery, or put a little electrical tape around the bottom of the spring. I still use drop cloth runners on hardwoods, but it's much less of a worry leaving marks than with the steel braid.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks for the info guys...
and i can tell ya about a pia, if it is the biggest pia in the world it is better than the "black death" i had to deal with last week. i called greenie no less than 5 mins after it got cleaned up and can tell you I NEVER WANT TO DEAL WITH THAT AGAIN!!!!
on a 2nd note i love how greenie and lisa have the their info printed on the hose, and the "chem-who" i will smile every time i pack up the truck..
thanks for getting me the hose so fast you guys are the best.
dave

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I got 100' from Greenie and have no problem reeling it up. I will never go back to the orange crap I got with my TM. Only problem I had was cleaning tile and grout with a spinner in a freshly painted bathroom. The spring ripped a strip of paint off the wall.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok greenie when you read this...is it ok if i tape the spring at the wand end? i will use some heat tape or something if it is cool to do but if you think it is not best i will leave it as is.
thanks
dave

Greenie

Sorry to hear about that paint Tracy, I can understand the placement of the Turbo connect being different than a wand that could be a problem.
I would run down and pick up some clear rubber thin walled tubing form the hardware store, remove the QD and slip it over, the superior bend restriction of the stiffer spring will still be worth the extended life of the hose and no blow outs, and there is still heat being radiated off the hose because the spring coils don't actually touch the urethane skin.

Dave, run some of that high heat through the line when it's new, warm her up good, run it out straight in 50' runs and then wind her up, it will go on the reel much nicer. Those small arbor Butler reels are the only ones that are finicky.
A little elec. tape in the very end of the spring won't hurt, but if it's a problem, consider the clear rubber tube at the wand.

One word of caution for everyone, any quick connects next to fabric can be a liability, use a hide-a-hose.
I don't even know why they sell NON hide-a-hose tools.
When I order a GreenGlides version PMF hide-a-hose tool it has a 10' minimum hose on it, call up PMF and ask them, they'll tell ya about Greenie's PITA special order uph tools...lol

I just don't get a tool that can't keep the brass off the fabric.

The Preacher

i just had an 8ft hose made for my uph tool. i hate holding the weight of the QD while doing uph or stairs!!!

PS call me a hack for using my uph toll for stairs and you can KMA!!! LOL

Al

I love it, no problems reeling it up, in fact it reels up easier than any other hose I have used. It can look like it's in a big tangle and it reels right up.

We run it with high heat most of the time.

AL

jethro

I switched over to Greenies blue line and have no heat problems with the spring. Be careful using tape to hold it as the adhesive may create a problem as it gets soft from the heat and can slime whatever it comes in contact with. It is great insurance to prevent black death.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the Blue hose Greenie sells, I'll never go back to Badyear & blackdeath. :x

Once you starting using the blue it will soften up enough to wind on the reel.

:)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
greenies blue hose it the absolute best on the market, it does not look like shit after being drug around like the school bus yellow crap does, it is also much less coily than the yellow stuff, the coily problem is the biggest down side coming from using goodyear, the spring bend restrictors I don't care either way, I have a 100ft length which one end hooks to the wand and not too often do I need to take more than 100 ft actually in to the house, so the other end usually sits outside. so the spring hitting things is a non issue, I have had the hose for a little over 6 mos now, in june I plan to reverse the quick connects and turn the hose around so that I am using the end that hasn't been hooked to the wand, otherwise parker hose is so superior to goodyear, suppliers should feel guilty about selling good year to us any more

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea after our first day of full on use i gotta say we love it. our other hose would get so hot you couldnt touch it for more than a few secs but this hose is awesome. it really is not that bad to deal with just a little different. it is also nice knowing i dont have to worry about old black death ever again...
dave

Brian L

Name
Brian L
What Al said. It may look like a coily mess at times, but it rolls on to the reel nicely. I like how lightweight it is and the fact that you don't burn your hands when handling it.

Back
Top Bottom