Question for Vortex Owners

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
At first job this am. When I went to turn unit on "green" button it would not start. Checked thottle to make sure it was down, checked shut off float in waste tank and all was fine there. Tried a few times to get it to kick on with no luck. Proceeded to swing front panel open to check for any loose wires etc. Found nothing, however when I tried to start it up with panel open it started. Proceeded to shut it down and restart a couple of times with no issues.

So here is my question. Mikey when your switch went out was this how it all started? And, what type of switch did you end up replaceing it with? Would like to order and have one on hand for the inevitable.

Thanks

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks guys. Problem hasn't resurfaced again. I'll keep all these suggestions on hand. I hadn't even thought of solenoid.

Jimbo

Maybe contact cleaner on the switch...and check for any corrosion on any electrical connections between the switch and the solenoid...Take apart the connections and clean them with the contact cleaner...then make sure to use some dialectric grease when putting them back together.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Do you have volt meter?

If not go buy one!

If you have one, activate the pto and if it does not engage, check the voltage going in and it of the pto solenoid. It should have at least 12v. Let us now.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ha ha, good one! I can keep it and get more use than selling for 10 cents on the dollar. Really for 2.5 years I think it has had minimal problems. I'm almost to 3k hours hope to get at least another 3k. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom