Question on 40 Volume... and mixing with Hydrocide

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I am a newbie and have heard of guys going to beaty salons to purchase 40 volume stuff. What do you do with this, how do you mix it? Also, mixing with hyrdrocide, is this a good option for removing urine stains or what?

tim

hydracide is for the odor, peroxide takes care of stains. Add ammonia in equal portions with the peroxide to speed up the process. Carpet should be as dry as possible. Proper pet treatment though, should start with removing the source of the odor. This can be done with an enzyme or a pet oxidizer like the osr/petzone and a waterclaw. I usually add hydracide to this mixture, dwell and claw. Then dry and treat remaining stain with the peroxide/ammonia (stain magic/stainzone) treatment. Without removing the source of the odor, it is like spritzing perfume on a turd. And resoiling issues will continue until you remove the sticky urine at its deepest level.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hey Tim before anyone takes advice from anybody it would be nice if they filled out their profile entirely.

Tim from Ok?

TimP

H2O2 is also a deodorizer so it should help with odors too, it's taught that it's good for getting rid of skunk odor. But I wouldn't go with 40 volume for sure and I'd be very careful with 20-30 volume too until you get comfortable with it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
don't mix the 2 together

use the peroxide first, it will only help you with the urine stains

then flush out as much urine as possible then either use hydrocide or pet zone which is like OSR but has the hydrocide mixed in with it

tim

Thanks for the advice Jimmy from Omaha :roll: Doesnt really matter to me if he chooses to take my advice or not. Just here to help out some with the benefit of my past experiences and benefit from the experiences of others. Dont get pissy because the sooners kicked your shuckers all the way back to cornville.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom