Question on condition of water in recovery tank.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you're cleaning at max temp at the wand of around 200f-220f...what's the average temp of the water inside the recovery tank? I know it'll range due to the length of the vacuum hose. I'm just looking for an average

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
84.968 degrees

idk but I would think most of the heat is removed by the air by the time it hits the tank.....
I agree. I’m looking at several submersible pumps to install inside the tank and I see the max temp range on operations ranges from 77-130f

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
This past winter I lost vacuum. It was a 200 ft run. Nothing was obstructing any of the hoses. So finally after a long minute of how is this possible I found the problem. It was a wall of ice formed at the elbow of the waste tank entrance. That water was cold in the tank that day.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I agree. I’m looking at several submersible pumps to install inside the tank and I see the max temp range on operations ranges from 77-130f
🤔 Doesn't any pump inside the waste tank ALSO have to overcome the Vacuum pressure caused by the blower, which IS keeping the water from leaving the tank?
ie. leave drain port open but water won't drain when blower is on.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
🤔 Doesn't any pump inside the waste tank ALSO have to overcome the Vacuum pressure caused by the blower, which IS keeping the water from leaving the tank?
ie. leave drain port open but water won't drain when blower is on.
It won’t be attached to the drain port. If I can reach low enough in the tank, it’ll be attached to the apo port with a check valve attached to the outside of the tank.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
yes

You plan on using a 12vt pump, Woody?

..L.T.A.
It'll probably be a 5-9amp ac volt pump, in which I'll be installing a dc/ac power inverter on my battery. I always wanted one anyway to be able to use a 3 prong plug for times when I need electricity. Now's a good time

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It'll probably be a 5-9amp ac volt pump, in which I'll be installing a dc/ac power inverter on my battery. I always wanted one anyway to be able to use a 3 prong plug for times when I need electricity. Now's a good time

buy any submersible 1/2 hp sewage pump* then.
1/2 HP will pump under full vac load.
(at least at 14hg anyway) what we ran

*Not all sump pumps are rated for sewage.
sewage pump sucks from the bottom and the impeller will send solids (like carpet fiber lint, ju-ju beads and incense sticks) out the discharge.

On a regular sump for footer/basement drainage the intake is on the side with "slits" or grid.
Carpet fiber, lint/excessive dog hair etc can get hung-up on the outside of intake grid and starve the in-flow

so go sewage pump.
especially cause you don't use filter :eekk: :headscratch:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
buy any submersible 1/2 hp sewage pump* then.
1/2 HP will pump under full vac load.
(at least at 14hg anyway) what we ran

*Not all sump pumps are rated for sewage.
sewage pump sucks from the bottom and the impeller will send solids (like carpet fiber lint, ju-ju beads and incense sticks) out the discharge.

On a regular sump for footer/basement drainage the intake is on the side with "slits" or grid.
Carpet fiber, lint/excessive dog hair etc can get hung-up on the outside of intake grid and starve the in-flow

so go sewage pump.
especially cause you don't use filter :eekk: :headscratch:

..L.T.A.
Sand and hair gets through my basket filter, and I have my eye on a few different sewage pumps. When I get it all ordered, I'll post it on here

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
My 1998 Performer had a submersible pump that was in a filter box at the bottom of tank. That was not fun to maintain or troubleshoot.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I always used a 1/3hp sewage pump with no problems.
Just drill a 1/4" hole in the stand pipe between the pump and check valve
to keep the impeller flooded with water and not get air locked and it will pump against the vacuum.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I always used a 1/3hp sewage pump with no problems.
Just drill a 1/4" hole in the stand pipe between the pump and check valve
to keep the impeller flooded with water and not get air locked and it will pump against the vacuum.
What truckmount have you put that size on?

Name
Justin Johnston
If you're cleaning at max temp at the wand of around 200f-220f...what's the average temp of the water inside the recovery tank? I know it'll range due to the length of the vacuum hose. I'm just looking for an average
Be on the safe side... Stick your arm in there and find out. Preferably after you have done some restaurant or house that has cats that hasn't been cleaned in years.

Mikey P

Administrator
Is that what that sticker on the control panel say?

I always wondered

damn #4 font...

Back
Top Bottom