Question on Oil for Cat 5CP3120

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Finished with all service work yesterday with exception of cat pump. I apparently am out of oil for this change and can't find my notes after the move. Did the search function but couldn't find specific info. Cat manual says 17 oz. of ISO 68 hydrolic synthetic and I have read you could just use 10w30 or equivalent. I want to use synthetic any suggestions of what you use.

Also, notice at 1500 hrs I should be looking at a seal change, I'm at 1944. Can one just call cat pumps to order the seals or does anyone have a favorite place they order. Should I also repalce valves while in there (recommended 3000hrs) or just do the seals. I have not experienced any problems with pump and since I have owned have only ran dry one time for (as fast as it took me to RUN to turn off) 15 seconds.

Tony Dees

My AT has the same pump. Call Jon Don for the seal kit, just make sure to mention that it is a 5CP3120 or you'll get the wrong kit. Don't worry about the valves, change them when they are ready. As for the oil, I would only use synthetic Cat Pump oil.

Farenheit251

I think these pump are run so far under there potential and at such low pressures that you can get more life out of them. Aren't they made to work on gas pressure washers?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Cat Pump seal kit...part number 33629
for a 5cp3120 pump....
Equipment Trade SVS...Phone number..1-877-824-7763
$112.16 plus shipping.......

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Tony and Jim. Tony I keep forgetting (old age thing) that Jon Don carries about everything. And Jim thanks for the $50. savings.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Marty,
Now that I have had time to think about it (while I orderd the seals) I don't want to spend $9.00 for 22 oz from Jon Don. 30 weight synthetic for me! I believe this is what I used before.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
my cat pump has 7600 hrs and i've never touched the seals or anything else for that matter. i only use the cat pump oil and change it every 500hrs.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
in the hypros they say to use a NON DETERGENT 30 w...if your not using the "offical" oil

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom