Questions about cargo van vs. window van

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Does anyone know if a standard size cargo van has more or less room in the back than a standard size window van? I'm thinking like the Ford, Stanley Steemer/Don Becker type van. Also, any other benefits to a window van? I know they have more features like cruise control, cd, power windows and locks, etc, extra chrome on outside. Anything else to think about?

I've had cargo vans, a trailer, a box truck, and a Vortex over the years. I'm getting rid of my box truck and getting a newer used van, just trying to decide what is best.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have one window van for hauling people. Its used for larger fire losses or mold remediation projects. I think they are the same as far as space, ours is a 1-ton to allow for the 15-passengers.

Which in your case would also make a great TM setup since the extra weight is allowed for as well as having better brakes to stop her once she's rolling.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If I was going to go van again I would want the panels that open. I saw a Plumber the other day and where the windows would be his open straight up allowing access to his shelves.

Gene

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
We all know I'm young!

I'll be putting a Blueline Bluewave into it. It's their old middle size unit, 31 hp Kubota. Right now I have a water pond, I know that won't work so I'll have to get a smaller hose reel. I just want to have room to haul a rotary extractor, should I ever buck up and buy one.

I'm also debating whether or not I need a fresh water tank. I never had one, but for past 7 years or so I have, don't know if I want to go back to being without.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need the water, you'll kick yourself later if you skip it.

Curt I wouldn't do this for just anyone but being that its you, I'd be willing to trade you a smaller hose reel for your water pond. :p

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Richard, you're too kind and fair for me to accept that deal.

Does anyone know the actual measurements from the inside of one wheel well to the inside of the other?

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
So does anyone have a water pond and TM jammed into a standard length van? According to my crack measurements, a regular van is about 108 inches long. With the width of Bluewave and length of water pond that only leaves about 18 inches of room, I think that'd be way too crowded.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom