Questions on water damage franchise

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
We are thinking of getting deeper into water damage and exploring our options. With the collective wisdom of the forum can you give me some advise.
Ideally we would like a program that would allow us to keep our current name.
My demand is that the group come with work preattached. We are not adverse to going out and marketing our services but in my mind buying into a group for $50,000 + yearly fees is not worth the money if I still have to do all the leg work myself, especially when I can think of a snappy name and spend that 50k with my local marketer/print shop and keep all the money from the jobs.
What does the rest of you think?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We are thinking of getting deeper into water damage and exploring our options. With the collective wisdom of the forum can you give me some advise.
Ideally we would like a program that would allow us to keep our current name.
My demand is that the group come with work preattached. We are not adverse to going out and marketing our services but in my mind buying into a group for $50,000 + yearly fees is not worth the money if I still have to do all the leg work myself, especially when I can think of a snappy name and spend that 50k with my local marketer/print shop and keep all the money from the jobs.
What does the rest of you think?
I think you answered your own question. If you already have the basic equipment and spent $50,000 on rounding out your equipment and marketing, where would you be compared to spending the same on a franchise. I don't know of any franchise that will let you keep your existing name.

Reactions: Wand Slinger

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I think to be successful as a franchisee, you have to be all in 100% name and all. You have to buy in literally in every regard. Sounds like to me, like the rest of us, you might have a hard time doing that.

Reactions: steve_64

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
The franchise companies you buy into that let you keep your name just help you with marketing and some other things, you cant take advantage of a companies mass marketing like serv pro if you dont have the same name as them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can do it by yourself but will you? If spending the 50k forces you to actually do it, then it could be worth it by making you accountable.

It's a mature, competitive industy with most insurance work going to Prefered Vendor Programs. The franchises dominate the programs having nationwide coverage. Still plenty of work out there but It's not as if saying "I do it too" will get you work.

So speak with others that have bought in. Do they feel like it was a good investment? Are they offering something better than you are capable of producing?

The day of giving out donuts or cookies is past in this arena. You will be marketing against corporate giants with deep pockets and professional pieces designed by skilled marketers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom