Quick Connects: Which on the tool?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Seems every tool I buy has a male on it. I put females on the tool, a male on the end of the hose. Don't want to drag the female around when pulling the hose.
When I tried the Sapphire, first thing I had to do was change over the quick connect to a female.

Do they do that because its cheaper to put a male on the tool than a female?

Mikey P

Administrator
Lordy.

If you drag a male around, the foreskin is gonna get damaged and cause further damage to the female's labia.

You can drag a female around all day and not hurt a thing other than her good looks.

Name
Nate W.
Nothing is more irritating then a damn female on the tool. Just like life, you bring the female to the male.... :lol:

Don't drag your hoses. When you put them back on the reel, they'll come undone if done your was Ron.... I guess it's personal preference. :D

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I thought I was just backwards. I also have to switch the QD from male to female on all tools.

Maybe I am still backwards....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Al said:

That's why I do it :)

That would seem like the only benefit to the male on the tool. I've always had the male on the solution line and like that I can break the pressure if the shutoff valve is open when I need to hook up the tool. There is no way to do that with a female on the solution end short of trying to join the couplers by brute force when you have 700 psi going on.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Art Kelley said:
Al said:

That's why I do it :)

That would seem like the only benefit to the male on the tool. I've always had the male on the solution line and like that I can break the pressure if the shutoff valve is open when I need to hook up the tool. There is no way to do that with a female on the solution end short of trying to join the couplers by brute force when you have 700 psi going on.

uhhhh just put your handy open ended male on there and tap it to the ground :roll: :roll: :roll:

A

amazingcleansc

Female on the tool is slightly harder to disconnect to me.

My subs are backwards like that. Its kind of like being... left handed or gay or something.

Name
Nate W.
amazingcleansc said:
Female on the tool is slightly harder to disconnect to me.

My subs are backwards like that. Its kind of like being... left handed or gay or something.

Hey, don't let the earrings fool you.... :lol:

I'm left handed too.... Don't hate... shiteatinggrin

A

amazingcleansc

Nate The Great said:

My only question. Do you use your male or female QD more? :!:

Name
Nate W.
amazingcleansc said:
Nate The Great said:

Male on all the tools! Female on the hose connecting the 2 together... shiteatinggrin

A

amazingcleansc

Nate The Great said:
amazingcleansc said:
[quote="Nate The Great":1i8pkxfu]Hey, don't let the earrings fool you.... :lol:

Male on all the tools! Female on the hose connecting the 2 together... shiteatinggrin[/quote:1i8pkxfu]

As long as you and your assistant don't sword fight with your male tools while you're at work, I guess I'm cool with that. Ivebeensold

Name
Nate W.
amazingcleansc said:
Nate The Great said:
amazingcleansc said:

Male on all the tools! Female on the hose connecting the 2 together... shiteatinggrin

As long as you and your assistant don't sword fight with your male tools while you're at work, I guess I'm cool with that. Ivebeensold

:shock: That's just wrong! :lol:

Male on the tools and female safety QD on the end of hose (with valve to kill pressure for switching tools)

Name
jack zerkie
Wanda only likes a female connect don,t want to confuse her with a male end things run smooth when we all know where the right things go, plus with male on the solution line I always prime the water line at most jobs, with a female on the male solution line with a shut off valve. jz.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Female on the tool, male with a shut-off valve on the solution line. The brass females last forever and the stainless male outlasts the damn shut-off valve.

It's kind of dumb, but I've found that the $5 shut-off valve from Lowes outlasts the $30 ones from the distributors.

Brett

Its easier to push a female onto your male porty with one hand while pulling the porty towards you with the other. A short female to female hose works to use your male on tools.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Mikey P said:
Lordy.

If you drag a male around, the foreskin is gonna get damaged and cause further damage to the female's labia.

You can drag a female around all day and not hurt a thing other than her good looks.

Just DON'T drag the female connections backwards, otherwise they fill up with sand & that can be a real bitch to clean up.

Otherwise, I fully agree with Mark Cermak, that's how mine are set-up.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom