Quick page title SEO question

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
In order to increase the relevancy of my 10 keywords can I do the following?:

Example of keywords: Carpet Cleaning Billings MT, Tile Cleaning Billings MT, Leather Cleaning Billings MT....

Should I give my carpet cleaning page a custom title of "Carpet Cleaning Billings MT" and then also make the heading of the content on my page "Carpet Cleaning Billings MT"?

I think making the content heading "Carpet Cleaning Billings MT" would really make the page suck.

It would turn this:

Carpet Cleaning

We do it better than anybody
Here is our fancy stuff and promises
You think we suck you should hear about this guy named Bawb in Michigan. He uses engine degreaser.

Into this:

Carpet Cleaning Billings MT

You think we suck you should hear about this guy named Bawb in Michigan. He uses engine degreaser.

I think that's just tacky, but might be forgivable especially if they finally find me instead of finding a competitor. Maybe I could just add some small text at the bottom, a little sentence that says, "If you're looking for Carpet Cleaning in Billings MT look no further than B&B Carpet Cleaning, we promise to make it unique and special and give you warm fuzzies and pet your dog."

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
B&BGaryC said:
In order to increase the relevancy of my 10 keywords can I do the following?:

Example of keywords: Carpet Cleaning Billings MT, Tile Cleaning Billings MT, Leather Cleaning Billings MT....

Should I give my carpet cleaning page a custom title of "Carpet Cleaning Billings MT" and then also make the heading of the content on my page "Carpet Cleaning Billings MT"?

I think making the content heading "Carpet Cleaning Billings MT" would really make the page suck.

It would turn this:

Carpet Cleaning

Into this:

Carpet Cleaning Billings MT

I think that's just tacky, but might be forgivable especially if they finally find me instead of finding a competitor. Maybe I could just add some small text at the bottom, a little sentence that says, "If you're looking for Carpet Cleaning in Billings MT look no further than B&B Carpet Cleaning, we promise to make it unique and special and give you warm fuzzies and pet your dog."

I'm no expert by any means. But I do have a very high ranking and producing website.
Much of what I have learned from reading other sites and listings.

The first 75 caracters of your title will appear Google Search. This is the first thing prospects will see right on Google. Your title should be the name of your company. It can also include a few services. Your choosing of "Carpet cleaning" "your town" will suck for someone looking for your perticular campany. You might want to go with : BBB Carpet Upholstery & Tile cleaning.

The description is very important. The First 150 characters, are what prospects will see on the second line on Google. See what other are doing. Some include a phone number, Free quote, A special, or whatever sets your company apart. Pique your prospect to stop and give your company a call.

Keywords, You don't have to keep listing your home town. Google already know where searchers are located at. The extra words used will just water down the relevancy of the rest. More is not always better with keywords.

Is this stuff just a joke or what?

"We do it better than anybody
You think we suck you should hear about this guy named Bawb in Michigan. He uses engine degreaser."

You would be better off thinking USP and What can you do to be a problem solver for your clients, instead of this bullship.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Carpet,Tile & Leather Cleaning Billings MT

As long as the words are there, your good. Order does not matter. You don't need cleaning after each service.

Town names in title work very well - example: Carpet cleaning billings - another town you want work - another town you want work, until you run out of space.

I would ditch the leather cleaning in title, not many search for it and the title space is very important.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom