Quick question

Eric l

Name
Eric
I got a call today from a client wanting a 6,800 sqft sealed stained concrete basketball court lightly cleaned and buffed(his words). Now I haven't really done much with any concrete flooring but I'm going out today to look at it and give a quote. My question is, what would be the process of a light cleaning and buffing as well as what's a typical price for the process?

Eric l

Name
Eric
Yeah sorry I don't have a ton of details because at the time of the call I didn't have many answers. From what I gathered they don't want to do anything really deep which I figure means not a lot of money. It seemed like this was more of a janitorial job but what could I possibly do that would be considered a light cleaning and maybe running a buffer over it at the end?

Eric l

Name
Eric
He did mention the goal was to have it cleaned in time for their company Christmas party. I guess what could I do that would be slightly above and beyond what a janitorial crew could do.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
is the concrete sealed, or does it have a floor finish on it?

sealed concrete you could use the spinergy pads as long as the shine is not a coating and actually the concrete,
if vct floor finish is on it, then mop with restorer, then buff the crap out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Some neutral floor cleaner and go over it with your spinner at 500psi. low or no heat. Rent a buffer from a janitorial store and get a hogs hair pad. At least 1500 rpm, 3000 will get you out of there faster. Just don't let it stay wet for too long or put too much heat on it. It will fog up the coating if it a cheap coating.

You could go old school on it and mop it and spray buff it. I did that for Lucky's before they had a auto scrubber. The whole store every night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom