Raddon's ride along thread gave..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
...me the idea, that I was already playing with, in my head..

I think there should be a vote on who should give a ride along. Only people that participate and had comments on industry related subjects that were useful to others. None of the marty kinds "IDGAS" comments. There could be a winner of "ride along giver" and also a winner of "ride along getter" expenses could be paid by mikeysboard as a promotional thing..could be sponsored by a few companies that are advertising here already.

"Ride along giver" could receive goods from the sponsors and "ride along getter" could get a red eye flight ticket or something..

I was just thinking today that I would like to do a ride along with Jim Martin for a day or two. I was planning to go to Arizona in a few weeks to Tuscon visiting friends and came the idea to get a rid along with Mr. Martin.

I don't know if locals really would be up for trading ride alongs. Understandably- I don't wana train up my competition either- even though I always try to talk to them and help them out with technical or equipment questions.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
what thread???

anyway. its nice to have SOME of your competion around, and to help them and you out....I have met a couple great guys in Cory and Draper...the BEST part is we are far enough away that we dont infringe on each other...makes it nice...

Mike came down and lent me a tool and worked with me a bit with it to....My worker went and helped him out in a pinch as well...

Cory has me do jobs that are closer to me and he doesnt want to do or cant get to...works out nice.....though id drive to hell and back for a $$$$, if it was the right amount :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I don't have to worry about other local cleaners, other than one or two, as well as many others, they think I'm nuts for cleaning the way I do. :roll: They want to learn how to get through 10 jobs in a day, I can't teach them that.
I'm more than willing to help someone if I can.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The only competition is one's self.
I don't mind helping anyone...and I don't mind asking for help...that's how you find out who the real A-holes are.

Good I dea Zee!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't mind asking for help either..

A bunch of guys here were gentlemen enough to have already answered questions from me over the years! And I appreciate that- from all of them.

I try to give answers too if asked. Which reminds me Draper had a question and I never got back to him...

I think a ridealong "competition" would be pretty cool. The winner would have to come on and give a detailed account of the experience.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
...me the idea, that I was already playing with, in my head..

I think there should be a vote on who should give a ride along. Only people that participate and had comments on industry related subjects that were useful to others. None of the marty kinds "IDGAS" comments. There could be a winner of "ride along giver" and also a winner of "ride along getter" expenses could be paid by mikeysboard as a promotional thing..could be sponsored by a few companies that are advertising here already.

"Ride along giver" could receive goods from the sponsors and "ride along getter" could get a red eye flight ticket or something..

I was just thinking today that I would like to do a ride along with Jim Martin for a day or two. I was planning to go to Arizona in a few weeks to Tuscon visiting friends and came the idea to get a rid along with Mr. Martin.

I don't know if locals really would be up for trading ride alongs. Understandably- I don't wana train up my competition either- even though I always try to talk to them and help them out with technical or equipment questions.

You are more then welcome to hitch a ride with me......just let me know when you are in town............

S

Scott Mckay

I'd do a ride a long with Jim Martin, who wouldn't?

Payne, we work together too I thought. Don't leave me out like that.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yes yes....soooo sorry i forgot you to...but you never come round here no more, so i thought i was safe 8) 8) 8) !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

Actually Scott may have been the 1st one....(behind the infamous Ken shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin ) that i have met out here...

how the hell did we meet hahah???

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:
You are more then welcome to hitch a ride with me......just let me know when you are in town............

Thank you, I will have to see how I can get this lined up.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
floorguy said:
what thread???

anyway. its nice to have SOME of your competion around, and to help them and you out....I have met a couple great guys in Cory and Draper...the BEST part is we are far enough away that we dont infringe on each other...makes it nice...

Mike came down and lent me a tool and worked with me a bit with it to....My worker went and helped him out in a pinch as well...

Cory has me do jobs that are closer to me and he doesnt want to do or cant get to...works out nice.....though id drive to hell and back for a $$$$, if it was the right amount :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hey Doug, You forgot me.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
OMG....i am getting called out all over the place.....and hell you even got me an acct :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

still owe ya lunch btw.....and how come you aint out there any more??? havent seen ya the last few times....

also to my defense, WE have actually never worked together !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

did i mention Ken??? I dont need him mad at me again/still :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom