Radiator Resevoir Emptied today

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Was on a job today cleaning tile for about an hour, no problems......Started cleaning some furniture, tech called me and said that radiator fluid was leaking out of truck. Got there 15 minutes later, checked resevoir - empty - was some on mud flap just underneath. Checked hoses - no leaks, radiator was full.

Called Ted, he was not sure why it would do this. I filled it back up and went on to next job, cleaned for about an hour with no problems.

Any ideas on why this happened, thermostat got stuck??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the over flow from the reservoir goes down the inside and points down on the flap.....good chance that the stat got stuck....and she over heated and back pressured some .....I would keep a close eye on all the temps

check your drive belt on the ud and make sure they are not slipping.......fan clutch is working right....
and most important.......when it is cooled down and you are not using it...tilt the cab and flush the radiator fins out from both directions..you would be surprised at how much crap these radiators can catch...and plug up.....I do mine about every 6 months......

you can also tip the cab and remove the radiator cab...start the truck and get it warm and watch the water in the radiator......once the stats opens you should see the fluid drop down and if the water pump is working right then you should be able to see the fluid flowing

..if it were me.....first chance I got I would change the stat ...cheap and easy to do...then you don't have to question it anymore.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom