Ramblings of a fertile mind.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Had this dude call me early this week wanting an estimate on cleaning his home. No problem, what rooms are you wanting cleaned, says I? Bla, bla, bla and we get to the question of where he lives. On Lake Martin he says. (Not named after me.)

Well good grief! THAT'S AN HOUR DRIVE JUST TO GET TO THE SOUTH SHORE! I tell him there's travel time involved and tack on more money to the job estimate. (NYB what I charged him, by the way.) He says fine, we make the appointment and I look forward to a nice sunny drive to a rather beautiful lake, upon which my father lives, although on the north shore, which is another 45 minutes away.

Anyway, back to the point. I go today to clean the job and it's raining! Drizzling and cloudy and crappy drive. An hour later, due to his great directions, I pull up (in my V ... anybody want to buy it?) and clean the house. White berber, dirty as heck, but with amazing heat, superb Accellerated Cleaning Systems chemicals, and my iconic cleaning skills, it comes as clean as a whistle! (Not the name of my company.) Man gives me cash and I head out the door.

On the way out of the neighborhood, I decide to go visit my Dad. I drive the extra miles and arrive just as Dad is coming home from the Chiropractor. His hip is on the skids. 86 years old ... so ... what can you do? Anyway, he is tickled to see me and we spend two hours talking about old times, my Mom (who passed a few years back), Harley Davidson motorcycles (he still rides) and .... just stuff.

After two hours, I feel the need for food, and I know my wife is in the kitchen anxiously awaiting my return, so I offer Dad God's speed and leave for home. But, not after hugging him and telling him I love him. He tells me I was his best offspring.

I arrive home around two hours later to find not only food on the table, and my wife barefoot in the kitchen, but my 8 month old grandaughter there, as well! She is the most beautiful baby in the world. Before I can eat, she holds her arms out to me and eagerly starts rocking back and forth. This is her way of telling me she wants to see the pigs. We go see them and then come back and I hold her in my lap while I eat.

I'll share more after tomorrows early morning job.

Local bank to clean at 0830.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
What the heck is up with you. Wednesday you love the V and have decided to keep it, now it's Thursday and your asking if anyone wants to buy it.

Man show your V the LOVE. Oh, I forgot now it's Friday and you probably have decided you now want to keep it.

What is it an even/odd day thing with you.

Oh, with your wife being barefoot and all I thought maybe you were expecting our company again.

Gary Taylor

Here is what hogjowl is not telling you.....

Is Father knows the only way is money hungry piglet will come see him is if there is someone in the area that hires him to clean their carpets. So Papa pig has to find someone who has carpets, and then pays them to call his pigson to clean the carpets. Then he knows he at least has a chance to see the boy.

Good story Marty, always good to stop by and visit the parents, we never know when they will be gone.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Thanks, Marty. Nice reminder about keeping a balance between work and the other more important stuff like family.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
...obviously an only child.
smiley-laughing024.gif

Bob Foster

He forgot to tell us the part where his dad said

"Isn't it about time your ran along... Your wife must be wondering why you haven't reported in and besides she's going to give you hell if you don't slop the pigs before dinner. And don't be playing with the kids after that until you have a shower. Now git because I don't want to miss Fox News."

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
IRDGAS (i really do give a shit) That was a heartwarming and "farm-y" story.

All pigs go to Heaven.

All we got is friggin snow here.......about 12-15 iches, I'ma guessin......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom